Stargate Domains sold to resell.biz

Hello fellow webhosters:

I received an email and subsequently verified that Stargate's domain reseller business sold to The UK company UK2.net.

You can read more on this transaction from the WHM post:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=4741693

This really casts my doubts on continuing to use them as domain reseller. As much as you can change your data center or software, you are really dependent on your registrar because they can make your life hell if they want to. Anyone have experiences with UK2.net? One of the reasons I went with Stargate was their length of time in the business, their ICANN accreditation, and their real-world 'stability'.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My name is Ditlev Bredahl, I am the CEO of UK2.net.

The UK-2 Group has been around since 1998, providing domain name registration and web hosting services to many customers. Over the years the group has expanded in terms of brands, products, services, employees and customers.

To date we have sold over a million domain names, have thousands of shared and dedicated hosting customers and operate out of several state of the art, multi million pound data centres. We are proud of our heritage and long standing experience of the hosting industry and are committed to providing reliable, secure and great value products and services underpinned with excellent support.

UK2-Group is also a major shareholder in the merged Redbus Interhouse and Telecity Group, the leading European data centre provider aimed to go public with an estimated value of 1b usd.

My point is that we have plenty of "real-world stability". Our acquisition of the Stargate assets is the first of a few major steps into the US/internaltional scene.

I'd like to invite you to contact me directly if you have questions. My icq/msn info is in my profile, and this is my email: ditlev@uk2.net.

Ditlev

Personally i have always loved stargate domains.

Im pretty sure i wont be using UK2 or US2.net as they only look like a new company.

Just my open honest opinion.

Could end up like registerfly from last year :(

Dom

Hi Dom,

Yes registerfly going belly up and doing peops out of cash last year was not a pleasnt thing...

Then again, what $5K a month for a penthouse suite for Kevin and his cars etc not a bad screw !!!

Chris

• 2 years later...
Personally i have always loved stargate domains.

Im pretty sure i wont be using UK2 or US2.net as they only look like a new company.

Just my open honest opinion.

Could end up like registerfly from last year :(

Dom

UK2 aren't a new company, they've been around for ages and run a number of different hosting outfits, the most well known of which is probably Midphase.

They have loads of different brands all belonging to the UK2 group, so whilst you may not have heard of UK2, you'll almost certainly know some of the brands they operate under.

/Is in no way affiliated with UK2!

Midphase

I wasn't sure I had feelings one way or another about this until I saw that one word. Nope. If UK2 is Midphase, out the door they go as far as I'm concerned. Midphase and their idea of "customer service" is not an experience I ever care to repeat.

Just my $0.02

Hi,

The UK-2 Group has been around since 1998, providing domain name registration and web hosting services to many customers. Over the years the group has expanded in terms of brands, products, services, employees and customers.

To date we have sold over a million domain names, have thousands of shared and dedicated hosting customers and operate out of several state of the art, multi million pound data centres. We are proud of our heritage and long standing experience of the hosting industry and are committed to providing reliable, secure and great value products and services underpinned with excellent support.

UK2-Group is also a major shareholder in the merged Redbus Interhouse and Telecity Group, the leading European data centre provider aimed to go public with an estimated value of 1b usd.

My point is that we have plenty of "real-world stability". Our acquisition of the Stargate assets is the first of a few major steps into the US/internaltional scene.

I'd like to invite you to contact me directly if you have questions. My icq/msn info is in my profile, and this is my email: ditlev@uk2.net.

Ditlev

"real-world stability" So where has US2.net gone??

I wasn't sure I had feelings one way or another about this until I saw that one word. Nope. If UK2 is Midphase, out the door they go as far as I'm concerned. Midphase and their idea of "customer service" is not an experience I ever care to repeat.

Just my $0.02

I agree, I wasn't in any way saying you should use them, just that they've been around for a while :lol:

• 11 months later...
Hi,

Ditlev

As a past customer of UK2.net, all i can say is never use these guys even if your life depended on it

This hosting company was aware a full month prior to my sites getting hacked about an E107 hack but never told the customers, as for the support if i site goes down and you are a reseller you would be looking at at least 72 hrs for a response.

These guys also charge you for transferring a domain to and from them rip off to say the list, some of my sites were use for "Phishing for over a month with out my knowlegde and security audits are supposed to be done on the servers / virus checks once a month

To say these are bad is an under statement i left them 6 months into a year contract

Regards

Juggy

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...