Forced ads

Trax

Could do with a little help if anyone would like to? I have purchased this forced advert addon a while back now, it was working okay and now all of a sudden stopped, i have disabled it, re-uploaded the addon etc and cannot for the life of me workout why its just stopped.

Sorry it's hard to explain why or what's happening without you actually having the addon so if anyone would like to take a look at it to see if they too can figure out why it's no longer working and point me in the right direction to have it working i will send you the files via private massage since it's a premium addon

Ps the developer is no longer active that's why i cannot ask him.

Link to addon http://codecanyon.net/item/forced-ads-for-hosting-whmcs-addon/4919633

Edited by Trax

[TABLE=class: meta-attributes__table]

[TR]

[TD=class: meta-attributes__attr-name]Created[/TD]

[TD=class: meta-attributes__attr-detail]11 June 13[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: meta-attributes__attr-name]Last Update[/TD]

[TD=class: meta-attributes__attr-detail]12 August 13[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

this could be the reason, even the codecanyon one last updated 14 months ago, so my guess is its no longer compatible with versions of WHMCS over the last 12 months

Basically it worked fine not so long ago, the addon activates, it gets the list of websites when I manually run it, it'll show me a list of all the sites that don't have the ad code in place, by now it should suspend all these automatically but this is where the problem lies, it doesn't suspend them, its leaving them active.

The addon is pretty straight forward to use, it's just a case of uploading activating it, white listing the servers ip address in whmcs and that's pretty much it. There nothing in any logs about what's causing it and no errors to show what could be the cause, hence why I've asked here.

have you tried emailing the author directly using his email address shown on the codecanyon site?

what's happened between the last time it worked correctly and how it's working now? have you upgraded WHMCS and/or the server in the meantime?

is the software using a license - i'm wondering it the software needs to check periodically with a license server, and because the author's website is down, whether that could be disabling the automatic suspension from working?

I would imagine that if you can't contact the author, and if the addon files are not encrypted, then you may need to post in Marketplace for someone to fix it for you.