Email Piping Error

Media Corp.

Hello everyone. I've been digging around but can't seem to find a clear answer to this.

I am new to WHMCS and have it pretty much ready to go (integration aside).

My email piping doesn't seem to be working. I'm using cPanel and email forwarding. I get the following error:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pipe to |/home/MYUSERNAME/| php -q /home/MYUSERNAME/public_html/billing/pipe/pipe.php

generated by EMAILACCOUNT@MYDOMAIN.com

local delivery failed

* the text in UPPERCASE is change for security *

It looks like the |/home/MYUSERNAME part is duplicated..but in the 'pipe to' field in cPanel I only put "| php -q /home/MYUSERNAME/public_html/billing/pipe/pipe.php" (NO QUOTES)

Do I remove something from the piping 'path'?

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I followed the manual step by step. I'm not so great with CRON so I'm sorta lost.

Thanks in advance,

Derek

Hi Derek,

Try this.

Your cron:

| php -q /home/myusername/public_html/billing/pipe/pipe.php

or Your forwarder:

|/home/myusername/public_html/billing/pipe/pipe.php

either of the above works for me and I'm using cpanel as well.

Hope this helps.

Si

Thanks so much Si. It works fine now.

Other than sending a test email and opening a test ticket...how else can I be sure things are working? I receive the tickets just fine and replies are receive back on the client end.

I gotta say that WHMCS is MUCH nicer/cleaner than WHMAP (as I'm sure you've all experienced).

Cheers,

Derek

Thanks so much Si. It works fine now.

Other than sending a test email and opening a test ticket...how else can I be sure things are working? I receive the tickets just fine and replies are receive back on the client end.

Hi Derek,

That's great.

I would say that's about as good a test as you can give it. Other than possibly opening a test account for a friend or someone else and asking them to try it our for you as well. If you wanted to PM me I'd be happy to do that for you.

Yes I'm in the process of moving from modernbill and kayako (WHMCS isn't live yet on my site), but its so much better. OK it doesn't have the same features yet in the support area as kayako, but I'm not messing around with integrated and syncing two separate packages any longer. I and my clients are cheesed off with that.

Si

I would agree Si, it took me a month or so to get rid of modernbill with the problems, after the guys pretty much turned around and said "Well if ver 4 works fine use it and use v5 when v5.2 comes out as v5.1 (stable) is actually beta"...LOL

Dont u just love them.

NOT!!