Send Message Error - 5.3.10

jasonhk

• 1 month later...

I just had the same issue. I noticed when I did a message preview there were some odd characters inserted throughout my text, mostly in spaces before or after links or punctuation. If I deleted and retyped a few characters I could get those to go away in the preview window. Once there were no more odd characters in the preview the message would send.

The original message was typed completely in WHMCS in TinyMCE.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll chime in on this as well. In my case I don't get the weird characters... just plain old HTML <p> tags (a very simple email), but the error popup up for me and I'm unable to send messages. I resorted to sending email directly using my normal email client, but I hope it gets fixed soon!

I'll chime in on this as well. In my case I don't get the weird characters... just plain old HTML <p> tags (a very simple email), but the error popup up for me and I'm unable to send messages. I resorted to sending email directly using my normal email client, but I hope it gets fixed soon!

Have any of you opened a ticket to WHMCS Technical Support? You might try that instead of waiting for a fix that might be on your end.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone found a resolve to this issue.

I did open support ticket they could not replicate at all although I could on multiple computers.

i have scanned everything I can image deactivate plug ins and still it persist.

I can not send a single message using "chrome" works in other browser .

I have checks chrome in every ways as well deactivated everything i can image

one thing to not if there is only 1 line of text it will work soon as there is a second line it will not send

Have any of you opened a ticket to WHMCS Technical Support? You might try that instead of waiting for a fix that might be on your end.

I too have this problem, it's not Chrome though, it's TinyMCE. WHMCS needs to fix this or go for a more robust editor than TinyMCE. Everyone else uses CKEditor or others. I personally would prefer to be allowed to enable Markdown editing for mass mailing.

At any rate, the problem, as I just found, is easily fixable. But still annoying none-the-less.

Simple click on the HTML icon, copy your HTML code. Paste it into Notepad (Mousepad on Linux) then copy and paste back into the HTML screen in TinyMCE. Once done click Update.

Run a quick preview of the message first, if there are no funny characters then you're good to go.

Again, TinyMCE problem not WHMCS but they really need to look at other editors.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Possible solution?

WHMCS when editing templates, creating emails etc...

Throws the following error:

Validation Error

You must enter a message to send

Check in WHMCS:

Setup / General / Localisation

Default is: urf-8

After an upgrade site move our's was reset to:

iso-8859-1

In which was the cause of the above error. Setting back to default resolve the TinyEditor issue when composing messages in WHMCS

From: http://community.hostcheetah.com/topic/694/whmcs-editor-validation-error/