The send message option on product tab sends to random clients.

ADz83

===========DESCRIPTION===========

Send message button on product tab sends template to random clients.

=========STEPS TO REPLICATE=========

Choose client, on products tab choose message template at bottom, click send message. Now check users email history and on some occasions it does not send. Checking email logs shows that these missing emails are sent to random clients.

=======ADDITIONAL INFORMATION======

I have only used the option on product tab to send custom templates so not sure if this also affects default ones. It seems to be random and can send to random clients.

Hello,

I was unable to reproduce this sending multiple emails to different clients on my test install. Perhaps this would be easier to nail down and reproduce if you could give some specific examples, maybe this is only happening on one product type, or with one email type, etc. These patterns can help us confirm an issue. The best way to find those is to open a support ticket, so our team can look at your specific installation with a number of specific examples of emails going to the wrong people.

Have a great day,

Nate C

My message doesn't have any product ID's etc in, Only a custom standard message. I have been told this could be reason?

However in any case WHMCS should not under any circumstances just blindly sending emails to random users, whether it's properley formatted for product or not.

Can you give an example of what a upgrade email needs to contain to make it valid?