Force domain renewal after funds are added

Real Webspace

I found my reseller-club account ran out of funds, but only after a client processed a domain renewal. Hence I received the following email:

====================

An invoice for the renewal of a domain has been paid but the renewal request submitted to the registrar failed.

Client ID: 999

Domain ID: 999

Domain Name: blahblah.org

Error: Renewal order placed. Renewal action locked in processing; will be automatically processed by the system if / when sufficient funds are available in the reseller account.

====================

Now since this domain is expiring tonight I cannot wait until the next cron job tomorrow (since the domain expires tonight), for it to automatically retry the renewal tomorrow morning. I also checked the docs and there is no flag for domain renewal.

Secondly, if I simply hit the renew button in the Clients Profile, I fear that the domain will be automatically renewed a second time tomorrow morning.

What system will automatically process the renewal as describe in that email, WHMCS with a cron or Resellerclub?

How can I correctly force the renewal today?

Hi,

There is nothing you need to correct. Simply add funds to your resellerclub account. The failed renewal in your resellerclub account will be re-executed automatically, normally each hour.

In WHMCS, make sure you have the domainsync and sync next due date activated. I always recommend an hourly domainsync cronjob if you have a lot of domains to sync.

Regards,

Marco

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

In addition to the automated method imaticon explained. If you tick the Setup > General Settings > Domains tab > Create To-Do List Entries option, WHMCS will create a to-do list entry, thus reminding you to go back once the renewal has been processed at ResellerClub to check the dates are all correct in WHMCS.