Affiliate system for domain names

Hello,

I am researching with a business partner of mine the possibility of him reselling domain names through us. However, he has no interest in being a reseller per se, since his 'primary activity' is not related to web services.

I am looking to extend the existing functionality of WHMCS, via a module, action hooks or otherwise, to enable domain names to be eligible for an affiliate systems. Currently all products are; but domain names are not.

I do not mind a fancy UI for this, even setting the options in code level would be fine. But I'd like to know:

• If it can be done
  • What would be the cost estimate
  • What would be the time estimate

Thank you.

Hello,

No, not quite. I want all orders to remain in our system, not be resold elsewhere.

As the system within WHMCS is right now, I can login as CustomerA, activate my affiliate account, and prompt CustomerB to buy (for instance) a web hosting service. I will then gain commission when CustomerB pays using my affiliate link.

This is a fine system. But I want to be able to offer this in domain names as well, not "merely" web hosting or other products. That's the gist of it. Hence, I am not interested in any "reseller" solution per se; affiliate is more than enough.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...