Split Ticket Reply with attachments results in lost attachments

sol2010

===========DESCRIPTION===========

In admin support tickets, within an existing ticket which has multiple replies and multiple attachments, check the box on a specific reply email to split it to a new ticket - the specific email reply had 2 attachments - a JPG and a PDF.

Click "Split Ticket Replies" button at footer of ticket - the new ticket dialogue box is shown and once accepted, the email reply is now split correctly to a new ticket - along with the first attachment (the jpg file), but the second attachment (which was a pdf) has gone!!

Since this newly created ticket has also now been deleted from the original ticket, it's not possible to retrieve the attachment (on a separate note, I think the "split ticket" functionality should copy, not cut the original - or at least give the option in the dialogue box.)

=========STEPS TO REPLICATE=========

Please re-create the condition as above and let me know if this is a bug or something peculiar with my installation. I only tried with this specific ticket which had 2 attachments and have not tested it beyond the 2 attachments - but it is entirely possible that multiple attachments get lost, or could it be specific only to certain file types in the split (e.g. pdf)

=======ADDITIONAL INFORMATION======

I am running 5.2.1.4

Hi Nate

Good to hear it's not just me!

PLease can you see if it's possible to implement the "split ticket" functionality to copy, not cut the original - or at least give the option in the dialogue box. So there is always a fallback on the original.

Hello,

That is a change in behavior and not something I think the normal user expects when splitting a ticket. I can see why it would be a helpful option, but I think fundamentally its a feature request not a bug. We consider feature requests in our requests system:

https://requests.whmcs.com/

The best way to get it implemented more quickly is to post your request there and rally a large number of fellow users who are looking for it as well.

Nate C