Looking for reliable WHMCS support

Hiya,

Every now and again I come across an issue I cant deal with. Its rare, but its usually very important.

Ive found the support offered by WHMCS to be pretty terrible in its response times and I really cant run a production environment with such poor levels of support.

Who is your go to person when you have issues? I dont mind paying for support. Im looking for someone who is highly skilled with whmcs, reliable, very quick support response times and as economical as is realistic.

Who do you recommend?

depending on the issue, the order in which I'd try to solve the problem would be...

1. solve it myself.

2. ask here in the forum.

3. search the internet for similar issues.

4. contact whmcs support.

you'd be very unlucky to come across a situation that hasn't occurred to someone else before - unless it's related to a new update or custom module.

for most things I've come across, I'd consider contacting support as a last resort - I think my last ticket response time with them was 4 days - it was nothing critical and funnily enough their reply basically said that what I was trying to do couldn't be done... but in explaining why it couldn't be done, they inadvertently(!) led me to a working solution. :)

obviously, if it was a critical issue, I'd contact support first... then while I'm in the queue waiting for a reply, I'd be doing steps 1,2 and 3!

Ive found the support offered by WHMCS to be pretty terrible in its response times and I really cant run a production environment with such poor levels of support.

WHMCS have a really poor support.

Does either of you have ticket ID's you can share here so that we can look into the issues and figure out why you have had problems getting tickets answered promptly?

Support provided by WHMCS Technical Support team is the best way to go here, surely.

Thanks in advance.

Does either of you have ticket ID's you can share here so that we can look into the issues and figure out why you have had problems getting tickets answered promptly?

Support provided by WHMCS Technical Support team is the best way to go here, surely.

Thanks in advance.

#HDH-292169

Ticket opened up at : 6th Nov 2013 (14:00

First response: 27th Nov 2013 (11:08)

Im sorry, I just cant run a business with such horrible support times. It literally costs me money. At least with cPanel I can pay for instant support. I dont know where you guys are from and if those type of support times are normal but in my world and in my industry, I cant afford to wait so long for support.

As it is, I have another major issue on my hands now, and Im not going to be using whmcs support. Im going to pay someone. The support is too unreliable and too slow.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, the date above should be ticket opened 26th. Unfortunately this forum is badly configured and does not give me the option to edit a post :/

#HDH-292169

Ticket opened up at : 6th Nov 2013 (14:00

First response: 27th Nov 2013 (11:08)

Im sorry, I just cant run a business with such horrible support times. It literally costs me money. At least with cPanel I can pay for instant support. I dont know where you guys are from and if those type of support times are normal but in my world and in my industry, I cant afford to wait so long for support.

As it is, I have another major issue on my hands now, and Im not going to be using whmcs support. Im going to pay someone. The support is too unreliable and too slow.

Hello pathios, cool nickname BTW. :!:

The 2 issues you mention, above and below here, are related in an odd way. Please let me explain.

You opened a ticket on Nov 26 about a failed upgrade and a registrar module not working as expected. And then you responded to your own ticket 25 minutes later, prior to WHMCS Technical Support seeing and assigning the ticket to anyone.

In that response, you mentioned that you use a custom theme and the registrar module page being broken in the update, and you attached a screenshot. 3 hours later, ticket still not assigned, you responded again, stating you fixed the original issue, and then you went on to bring up a new, entirely different issue, a 3rd issue.

This morning Nov 27, that ticket was responded to by WHMCS Technical Support and the issue confirmed, and a new WHMCS release pushed out that would solve your issue.

side note: You might have been able to come across this issue safely, on your WHMCS development site had you tested the WHMCS software update there first, instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, the date above should be ticket opened 26th. Unfortunately this forum is badly configured and does not give me the option to edit a post :/

There are zero issues with this forum that we're aware of.

The problem here is that you're a new user on these forums, regardless of how long you've used WHMCS. New users are limited in what they can do on these forums until they become more active. The more active you are, the more options and features open up to you, such as adding an avatar, or signature to be displayed under every post you make.

Posting back to the same ticket multiple times before it was assigned, as you did with your most recent ticket, was the problem in getting a quicker answer to you. On this end it shows as "Answered".

WHMCS Technical Support Team gets hundreds of tickets every day, and when they see tickets marked as Answered, they move to the next one that's not.

This sort of thing happens from time to time (a ticket goes unanswered longer than expected) to those who are new users, and have not had it happen to them yet, or not heard about this issue previously while using these forums. It has come up a lot over the years. Looking over your older tickets, you've been using WHMCS for a while now and have been fortunately enough to have most every single ticket go smoothly for you, until last night, it seems.

Most seasoned users on these forums, I would think, know not to reply back to a ticket until WHMCS Technical Support responds, to prevent this sort of thing from occurring.

Regardless, the ticket was opened yesterday, answered today, and an update to the software released to solve an issue, that 3rd issue, that you brought up in your original ticket. In less than 24 hours.

Let me briefly mention some of your other ticket times for reference if I could:

Your prior ticket to last night, was opened and answered within 20 minutes.

Prior to that one, another ticket was opened and responded to in 25 minutes.

Prior to that one, another ticket was responded to the next morning after you opened it.

Same on the next one.

The next one was responded to in 3 minutes.

And the list goes on.

Your very first ticket ever opened to WHMCS Technical Support, answered in about 20 minutes.

Surely with these additional details gathered together here for viewing, I don't think starting this thread as you have, was warranted here.

WHMCS is the most popular billing software available today. Certainly, you can't expect instant response times. Not just here at WHMCS with Technical Support, but anywhere.

Please accept my apologies for the problems you're having with your WHMCS installation. If there was a way for me to get you faster response times than you have been getting, I would make it my life's work to make sure that was done for you. But there's nothing I can help with here.

"Patience is a virtue and only by having patience can you master anything"

Thanks for your responses.

"Patience is a virtue and only by having patience can you master anything"

Im sorry, patience in this case loses you money and its not a good enough response. When the site is offline or something that happens which impacts hundreds of people at the same time. "Please have patience" simply not good enough. Money talks and walks.

Im sure you understand. We dont make cheese or wine in this industry. We work in HIGHLY competitive industries where small mistakes and delays can make or break a start up.

WHMCS is the most popular billing software available today. Certainly, you can't expect instant response times.

I can pay cpanel for this feature why not whmcs? And if you are not able to assist swiftly I want to have the option of paying someone who has quicker support than you. Thats the POINT of this thread.

Your prior ticket to last night, was opened and answered within 20 minutes.

Prior to that one, another ticket was opened and responded to in 25 minutes.

Prior to that one, another ticket was responded to the next morning after you opened it.

Same on the next one.

The next one was responded to in 3 minutes.

And the list goes on.

Cool story, I opened a ticket early this morning. Been several hours. Still no response :/

I also did not know replying to your own ticket to update it with information would reset its position. Thats pretty terrible :( Ill keep that in mind now. Now Ill just have to wait for the techie to respond (probably asking for the information I could have updated the ticket with, thereby adding more delay to resolutions).

Edited by pathios

Im sorry, patience in this case loses you money and its not a good enough response. When the site is offline or something that happens which impacts hundreds of people at the same time. "Please have patience" simply not good enough. Money talks and walks.

Again, please accept my apologies for your problems, I saw no tickets concerning you being offline completely affecting 100's of people at the same time. Can you provide me that ticket ID please? I'll have it escalated immediately.

Im sure you understand. We dont make cheese or wine in this industry. We work in HIGHLY competitive industries where small mistakes and delays can make or break a start up.

I most surely do, and I agree with you 100%. Small mistakes like improperly updating a production site, breaking it, and losing business because of the small mistake, is also embarrassing. I get it. Been there, done that myself a few times. Needlessly.

I can pay cpanel for this feature why not whmcs? And if you are not able to assist swiftly I want to have the option of paying someone who has quicker support than you. Thats the POINT of this thread.

I could find no issues that you were not supported swiftly. That was the point of my comment. cPanel is a much larger company with hundreds of employees and offers World Class Technical Support.

WHMCS is working on this all the time, growing, and adding new Technical Support.

They're hiring right now, too: WHMCS Technical Analyst Position Available

Cool story, I opened a ticket early this morning. Been several hours. Still no response :/

Please humor me for just a moment more if you would. If I search the forums from here:

http://forums.whmcs.com/search.php?

For this, mentioned in your latest ticket:

whmcshtmlspecialchars()

I find this thread:

error after upgrade - WHMCS Forums

If it was me, I'd read that and think it might be worth checking the files were all uploaded properly that I just uploaded. Did you?

Now Ill just have to wait for the techie to respond (probably asking for the information I could have updated the ticket with, thereby adding more delay to resolutions).

Or, he'll explain that uploading the files again to ensure all files are properly uploaded and good to go is a great idea worth trying. Or, he'll ask you for login details and he'll re-upload the files for you to make sure they're good to go.

Instead of waiting hours for what you assume is coming next, a 2 second search of the forums might have given you an idea to at least try while you were waiting hours (2 or so at this moment) for a reply to your ticket.

I'm not telling you to go search on your own in replacement of contacting Technical Support, not at all. I'm suggesting you use your head a bit more. WHMCS provides and has provided support to you when you're in trouble. Your list of tickets proves this to me, I read them all.

Taking a few more precautions is a good suggestion here I think. Your bashing of WHMCS Technical Support is misplaced.

So been waiting many hours again...

Notice how this person having a go at me for complaining about the terrible response times mentions the few tickets when we first joined whmcs and their response times. Notice how he has stopped now. You can see my tickets. Whats been the average response time for the last 5 tickets? Or you not going to tell the forum that??

Ive had a ticket open for several hours again...Whatever. Of course its my fault that you have slow response times cause I didnt search the forum or something.

I totally understand we might be causing our own problems. All these recent upgrades have confused the heck out of us. Before this upgrade spurt, everything was awesome, since then, using the software has become a nightmare. I understand we might have caused it but we dont know how, and we dont know how to fix it.

We are not all developers... otherwise we would have developed our own system. All I want is to be able to pay a WHMCS professional to assist us as your response times are terrible and we need urgent support. God, why is this so hard to understand? How can you not be capitalizing on this like cPanel does? You can actually make more income! Thereby hire more support staff and ergo have better support.

Now I have a new issue. Our paypal transactions are failing and none of the posts we searched in this forum was helpful to us. Ill wait the 8 hours or however long it takes for you guys to get to a ticket now.

So been waiting many hours again...

Hello again, pathios.

Notice how this person having a go at me for complaining about the terrible response times mentions the few tickets when we first joined whmcs and their response times. Notice how he has stopped now. You can see my tickets. Whats been the average response time for the last 5 tickets? Or you not going to tell the forum that??

I've stopped nothing. The tickets mentioned earlier in this thread by me, are in chronological order newest to oldest. This person is not having a go at you. Let's be clear here on this point if we can.

Ive had a ticket open for several hours again...Whatever. Of course its my fault that you have slow response times cause I didnt search the forum or something.

5 hours. Opened overnight, sure to be responded to soon.

I totally understand we might be causing our own problems. All these recent upgrades have confused the heck out of us. Before this upgrade spurt, everything was awesome, since then, using the software has become a nightmare. I understand we might have caused it but we dont know how, and we dont know how to fix it.

Everything was not awesome as you suggest, that's why the updates. Things are heading in that direction now though. That's what updates are for, to make things better. They are not intended to disrupt your business or to confuse you.

We are not all developers... otherwise we would have developed our own system. All I want is to be able to pay a WHMCS professional to assist us as your response times are terrible and we need urgent support. God, why is this so hard to understand?

You already do. And, your ticket response times are not horrible at all. I think, looking at your tickets mentioned earlier in this thread that your response times have been pretty darn good. That is why I mentioned them after all.

How can you not be capitalizing on this like cPanel does? You can actually make more income! Thereby hire more support staff and ergo have better support.

Great idea! Thank you for your feedback.

Now I have a new issue. Our paypal transactions are failing and none of the posts we searched in this forum was helpful to us. Ill wait the 8 hours or however long it takes for you guys to get to a ticket now.

None of these is of any use? Over 1,000 posts in those threads, combined, and not one of them relates to your specific, unique issue, is that really what you're saying?

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?76354-PayPal-Subscription-IPN-broken-in-5-1-8&p=336962#post336962

http://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?81363-Paypal-IPN-issue-after-patchset-5-2-12&highlight=IPN+Handshake

http://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?77446-Paypal-stopped-working-after-updating&highlight=IPN+Handshake

http://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?69095-Paypal-IPN-Handshake-error&highlight=IPN+Handshake

http://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?51430-Updated-to-5-12-get-406-error&highlight=IPN+Handshake

http://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?78786-Help-Me-Paypal-IPN-issue-with-my-WHMCS&highlight=IPN+Handshake

There is no need for the combative nature of your posts. We're all in this together. WHMCS does not have a full team on hand 24/7/365. It would be awesome if they did. And they will.

In the meantime, have a look at those threads, start a new one concerning your issue if you wish, or post to one of the existing threads. There is a wealth of Info on these forums and very smart WHMCS Administrators, like you, that are surely ready, willing, and able to help you out if possible.

Give the WHMCS Community here a chance to help you learn what you need to know. Having someone else fix every little problem for you, you learn nothing.