Right now, I have dedicated server, am just reselling the space to

clients, but one or two clients would like to buy space from me and

resell that space…so the question is does your product link all of

them up..

that is:

to get the domain which my client's client has chosen (from a web

form) …add that domain to cpanel on my server's WHM and bill my

client ( NOT my client's client :) )

does your product perform this function?

Thanks

20 answers to this question

Hey,

Are you talking about a reseller account? Example: One account can sell other accounts on the same server.

If so, than YES. WHMCS has this option. WMCS will bill your client(s) and none of their own!

Hope that helps,

Adam

Hey,

Are you talking about a reseller account? Example: One account can sell other accounts on the same server.

If so, than YES. WHMCS has this option. WMCS will bill your client(s) and none of their own!

Hope that helps,

Adam

Well I am selling the space to clients, and now the client will like to build a website and resell the space…but the whole thing needs to be automated.

I will look into the trial, but it asking paypal information…so do I get charged for going over by day…the trial?

Well I am selling the space to clients, and now the client will like to build a website and resell the space…but the whole thing needs to be automated.

Vb28, can you clarify what you mean by the whole process being automated?

I may be completely wrong, but it sounds like you want resellers to be able to bill their own clients through a white-label section of WHMCS, which isn't a feature.

Once a reseller purchases space off of you, the billing and reselling of that space does not usually fall to you, but your client.

Vb28, can you clarify what you mean by the whole process being automated?

I may be completely wrong, but it sounds like you want resellers to be able to bill their own clients through a white-label section of WHMCS, which isn't a feature.

Once a reseller purchases space off of you, the billing and reselling of that space does not usually fall to you, but your client.

Sebastian and others,

I don’t know what do you mean by “white-label section of WHMCS”

I will try to be little bit more clear.

Well my client who is reseller wants to have the ability to get code from the whmcs and build a website around the code.

So he (the reseller) wants to run a website and point his clients to the website, so they can register from the website. And all this must be done automatically.

What I have noticed from trial are:

>you can add a reseller

>the reseller can register whmcs.

>but the reseller only gets a new account created on cpanel

>and reseller can add domains there

>the reseller does NOT have mini whmcs where he can get form code and put on his website (thus letting his clients to register).

Maybe I might have missed a function within whmcs, so any advices or commons are welcomed.

No, what othellotech is saying, is that your clients ("reseller") would need their own license for WHMCS.

Alternatively, you can purchase a WHMCS Owned License, so that you can set up WHMCS for each client that requires a reseller account+billing center.

Also remember that your server needs to have some sort of control panel that will enable you to set up accounts as resellers. Like cPanel/WHM.

your "reseller" woudl need their own WHMCS

no i am not reseller, i own a dedicated server.

1. you *rent* a dedicated server not own it

2. please re-read what i wrote

:P

:) yeah but to make the sitution little bit more easier it is best to not to think of me as reseller.

but, your correct... i am the reseller, and the person who i am selling the space would like to resell that space to his clients...

Jordan,

“Alternatively, you can purchase a WHMCS Owned License, so that you can set up WHMCS for each client that requires a reseller account+billing center.”

Is there a way to test this function out in the trial version?

That's not a function/feature to test out.

whmcs.com/order.php

I am very interested in the product, I have more questions and I need to talk to other ppls before purchasing.

- what do they mean by “Powered By Line in Client Area” ? on whmcs.com/order.php

- is there any way of only getting the order form code. so the my reseller can use the code to build a site around it?

- do I get a full refund if the product does not suit our need?

• WHMCS CEO
what do they mean by “Powered By Line in Client Area” ? on whmcs.com/order.php

It means the "Powered by WHMCS" message that shows at the bottom of every page in the client area unless you buy an unbranded license.

is there any way of only getting the order form code. so the my reseller can use the code to build a site around it?

You can use the API to submit orders in your WHMCS remotely but you'd need to be familiar with PHP programming.

do I get a full refund if the product does not suit our need?

No, there are no refunds given - the free trial is provided so you can see if it fits your needs.

Matt

Alternatively, you can purchase a WHMCS Owned License, so that you can set up WHMCS for each client that requires a reseller account+billing center.

I don't think this is accurate if you meant that a hosting provider can purchase one copy of a WHMCS Owned Licence and use it to provide a separate WHMCS billing centre for each reseller.

I just checked and they said this isn't true and that every reseller would need their own WHMCS license. The only advantage of the owned license seems to be that you pay for it once instead of monthly

Please correct me if I am wrong.