28,000 users with 'firstname' field altered, no support response.

Phobic

Blueberry3.14,

can i ask how to setup the mod security rule ?

i had install Mod Security and ConfigServer ModSecurity Control - cmc on my whm/cpanel server,

1. create a files 99_zzz_custom.conf and save it at /usr/local/apache/conf/

2. add "Include /usr/local/apache/conf/99_zzz_custom.conf" at WHM>> Mod Security >>Edit Config

3. and paste all the following into /usr/local/apache/conf/99_zzz_custom.conf and save.is it correct ?

thank you

SecRule REQUEST_HEADERS:User-Agent "(?:\b(??:indy librar|snoop)y|microsoft url control|lynx)\b|d(?:ownload demon|isco)|w(?:3mirror|get)|l(?:ibwww|wp)|p(?:avuk|erl)|cu(?:sto|rl)|big brother|autohttp|netants|eCatch)" \
       "chain,log,auditlog,msg:'Request Indicates an automated program explored the site',id:'990011',severity:'5'"

# SQL injection
SecRule REQUEST_FILENAME|ARGS|ARGS_NAMES|REQUEST_HEADERS|XML:/*|!REQUEST_HEADERS:Referer "@pm insert xp_enumdsn infile openrowset nvarchar autonomous_transaction print data_type or outfile inner shutdown tbcreator @@version xp_filelist sp_prepare sql_longvarchar xp_regenumkeys xp_loginconfig xp_dirtree ifnull sp_addextendedproc xp_regaddmultistring delete sp_sqlexec and sp_oacreate sp_execute cast xp_ntsec xp_regdeletekey drop varchar xp_execresultset having utl_file xp_regenumvalues xp_terminate xp_availablemedia xp_regdeletevalue dumpfile isnull sql_variant select 'sa' xp_regremovemultistring xp_makecab 'msdasql' xp_cmdshell openquery sp_executesql 'sqloledb' dbms_java 'dbo' utl_http sp_makewebtask benchmark xp_regread xp_regwrite"         "phase:2,t:none,t:urlDecodeUni,t:htmlEntityDecode,t:replaceComments,t:compressWhiteSpace,t:lowercase,pass,nolog,skip:1,id:1500007"
SecAction phase:2,pass,nolog,id:999501,skipAfter:959001
SecRule REQUEST_FILENAME|ARGS|ARGS_NAMES "(?:\b(??(?:elect\b(?:.{1,100}?\b(??:length|count|top)\b.{1,100}?\bfrom|from\b.{1,100}?\bwhere)|.*?\b(?(?:ump\b.*\bfrom|ata_type)|(?:to_(?:numbe|cha)|inst)r))|p_(??:addextendedpro|sqlexe)c|(?:oacreat|prepar)e|execute(?:sql)?|makewebtask)|ql_(?:longvarchar|variant))|xp_(?:reg(?:re(?:movemultistring|ad)|delete(?:value|key)|enum(?:value|key)s|addmultistring|write)|e(?:xecresultset|numdsn)|(?:terminat|dirtre)e|availablemedia|loginconfig|cmdshell|filelist|makecab|ntsec)|u(?:nion\b.{1,100}?\bselect|tl_(?:file|http))|group\b.*\bby\b.{1,100}?\bhaving|d(?:elete\b\W*?\bfrom|bms_java)|load\b\W*?\bdata\b.*\binfile|(?:n?varcha|tbcreato)r)\b|i(?:n(?:to\b\W*?\b(?:dump|out)file|sert\b\W*?\binto|ner\b\W*?\bjoin)\(?:f(?:\b\W*?\(\W*?\bbenchmark|null\b)|snull\b)\W*?\()|a(?:nd\b ?(?:\d{1,10}|[\'\"][^=]{1,10}[\'\"]) ?[=<>]+|utonomous_transaction\b)|o(?:r\b ?(?:\d{1,10}|[\'\"][^=]{1,10}[\'\"]) ?[=<>]+|pen(?:rowset|query)\b)|having\b ?(?:\d{1,10}|[\'\"][^=]{1,10}[\'\"]) ?[=<>]+|print\b\W*?\@\@|cast\b\W*?\()|(?:;\W*?\b(?:shutdown|drop)|\@\@version)\'(?(?:qloledb|a)|msdasql|dbo)')" \
       "phase:2,capture,t:none,t:htmlEntityDecode,t:replaceComments,t:compressWhiteSpace,t:lowercase,ctl:auditLogParts=+E,log,auditlog,msg:'SQL Injection Attack',id:'950001',tag:'WEB_ATTACK/SQL_INJECTION',logdata:'%{TX.0}',severity:'2'"
SecRule REQUEST_HEADERS|XML:/*|!REQUEST_HEADERS:Referer "(?:\b(??(?:elect\b(?:.{1,100}?\b(??:length|count|top)\b.{1,100}?\bfrom|from\b.{1,100}?\bwhere)|.*?\b(?(?:ump\b.*\bfrom|ata_type)|(?:to_(?:numbe|cha)|inst)r))|p_(??:addextendedpro|sqlexe)c|(?:oacreat|prepar)e|execute(?:sql)?|makewebtask)|ql_(?:longvarchar|variant))|xp_(?:reg(?:re(?:movemultistring|ad)|delete(?:value|key)|enum(?:value|key)s|addmultistring|write)|e(?:xecresultset|numdsn)|(?:terminat|dirtre)e|availablemedia|loginconfig|cmdshell|filelist|makecab|ntsec)|u(?:nion\b.{1,100}?\bselect|tl_(?:file|http))|group\b.*\bby\b.{1,100}?\bhaving|d(?:elete\b\W*?\bfrom|bms_java)|load\b\W*?\bdata\b.*\binfile|(?:n?varcha|tbcreato)r)\b|i(?:n(?:to\b\W*?\b(?:dump|out)file|sert\b\W*?\binto|ner\b\W*?\bjoin)\(?:f(?:\b\W*?\(\W*?\bbenchmark|null\b)|snull\b)\W*?\()|a(?:nd\b ?(?:\d{1,10}|[\'\"][^=]{1,10}[\'\"]) ?[=<>]+|utonomous_transaction\b)|o(?:r\b ?(?:\d{1,10}|[\'\"][^=]{1,10}[\'\"]) ?[=<>]+|pen(?:rowset|query)\b)|having\b ?(?:\d{1,10}|[\'\"][^=]{1,10}[\'\"]) ?[=<>]+|print\b\W*?\@\@|cast\b\W*?\()|(?:;\W*?\b(?:shutdown|drop)|\@\@version)\'(?(?:qloledb|a)|msdasql|dbo)')" \
       "phase:2,capture,t:none,t:urlDecodeUni,t:htmlEntityDecode,t:replaceComments,t:compressWhiteSpace,t:lowercase,ctl:auditLogParts=+E,log,auditlog,msg:'SQL Injection Attack',id:'959001',tag:'WEB_ATTACK/SQL_INJECTION',logdata:'%{TX.0}',severity:'2'"
SecRule REQUEST_FILENAME|ARGS|ARGS_NAMES "\b(\d+) ?= ?\1\[\'\"](\w+)[\'\"] ?= ?[\'\"]\2\b" \
       "phase:2,capture,t:none,t:htmlEntityDecode,t:replaceComments,t:compressWhiteSpace,t:lowercase,ctl:auditLogParts=+E,log,auditlog,msg:'SQL Injection Attack',id:'950901',tag:'WEB_ATTACK/SQL_INJECTION',logdata:'%{TX.0}',severity:'2'"
#
SecRule REQUEST_FILENAME|ARGS|REQUEST_HEADERS|XML:/*|!REQUEST_HEADERS:Referer "@pm user_objects object_type substr all_objects mb_users column_name rownum atttypid substring object_id user_group user_tables pg_attribute user_users column_id user_password attrelid object_name table_name pg_class"         "phase:2,t:none,t:urlDecodeUni,t:htmlEntityDecode,t:replaceComments,t:compressWhiteSpace,t:lowercase,pass,nolog,skip:1,id:1500008"

SecRule ARGS|ARGS_NAMES "@validateByteRange 1-255" \
"deny,log,auditlog,msg:'Invalid character in request',id:'960901',severity:'4',t:urlDecodeUni,phase:2"

SecRule REQUEST_URI|ARGS|REQUEST_BODY "AES_ENCRYPT" "id:31337,phase:4,log,deny,msg:'WHMCS Fail'"

Blueberry3.14,

can i ask how to setup the mod security rule ?

i had install Mod Security and ConfigServer ModSecurity Control - cmc on my whm/cpanel server,

1. create a files 99_zzz_custom.conf and save it at /usr/local/apache/conf/

2. add "Include /usr/local/apache/conf/99_zzz_custom.conf" at WHM>> Mod Security >>Edit Config

3. and paste all the following into /usr/local/apache/conf/99_zzz_custom.conf and save.is it correct ?

thank you

{snipped code}

You can do it that way, though I've always found it easier to just add custom rules to the modsec2.user.conf.

Yes, if you are getting a 403 then this rule is working correctly. You can test by removing AES_ENCRYPT from your URL and loading the page, without it, it should load fine. This proves the rule is working.

does it mean if i apply the mod security and get the 403 error,even i do not upgrade to 5.1.10,it is fine ?

Hi.

I got hit by this today. I manually put back all the first names from Disaster back to their original names. I have disabled new customers and upgraded to 5.2.8.

How do I add this Mod Security and ConfigServer ModSecurity Control into WHM as I dont have it ? Could some body please point me in right directions for either doing via easy apache or ssh ?

Think I need to add the rule ASAP ?

Thanks in Advance Martyn

Edited by Dicko_md

does it mean if i apply the mod security and get the 403 error,even i do not upgrade to 5.1.10,it is fine ?

Definitely upgrade, in addition to adding the Mod_Security rule.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi.

I got hit by this today. I manually put back all the first names from Disaster back to their original names. I have disabled new customers and upgraded to 5.2.8.

How do I add this Mod Security and ConfigServer ModSecurity Control into WHM as I dont have it ? Could some body please point me in right directions for either doing via easy apache or ssh ?

Think I need to add the rule ASAP ?

Thanks in Advance Martyn

You can get the ConfigServer ModSecurity Control, then add the rule into modsec2.user.conf. It's extra assurance.

Hi

Thanks for that. Im still new to ssh. Please could you tell me how to upload the file and then extract it ?

I have the tgz file

scp c:/cmc/cmc.tgz root@server1:root/cmc

Is this correct ? Im thinking the root@ or server 1 is wrong.

regards

martyn

Edited by Dicko_md

Hi

I managed to get the mod installed and copied in the rules (below) to the page and saved modsec2.user.conf.

SecRule REQUEST_HEADERS:User-Agent "(?:\b(?:(?:indy librar|snoop)y|microsoft url control|lynx)\b|d(?:ownload demon|isco)|w(?:3mirror|get)|l(?:ibwww|wp)|p(?:avuk|erl)|cu(?:sto|rl)|big brother|autohttp|netants|eCatch)" \

"chain,log,auditlog,msg:'Request Indicates an automated program explored the site',id:'990011',severity:'5'"

# SQL injection

SecRule REQUEST_FILENAME|ARGS|ARGS_NAMES|REQUEST_HEADERS|XML:/*|!REQUEST_HEADERS:Referer "@pm insert xp_enumdsn infile openrowset nvarchar autonomous_transaction print data_type or outfile inner shutdown tbcreator @@version xp_filelist sp_prepare sql_longvarchar xp_regenumkeys xp_loginconfig xp_dirtree ifnull sp_addextendedproc xp_regaddmultistring delete sp_sqlexec and sp_oacreate sp_execute cast xp_ntsec xp_regdeletekey drop varchar xp_execresultset having utl_file xp_regenumvalues xp_terminate xp_availablemedia xp_regdeletevalue dumpfile isnull sql_variant select 'sa' xp_regremovemultistring xp_makecab 'msdasql' xp_cmdshell openquery sp_executesql 'sqloledb' dbms_java 'dbo' utl_http sp_makewebtask benchmark xp_regread xp_regwrite" "phase:2,t:none,t:urlDecodeUni,t:htmlEntityDecode,t:replaceComments,t:compressWhiteSpace,t:lowercase,pass,nolog,skip:1,id:1500007"

SecAction phase:2,pass,nolog,id:999501,skipAfter:959001

SecRule REQUEST_FILENAME|ARGS|ARGS_NAMES "(?:\b(?:(?:S(?:elect\b(?:.{1,100}?\b(?:(?:length|count|top)\b.{1,100}?\bfrom|from\b.{1,100}?\bwhere)|.*?\b(?:D(?:ump\b.*\bfrom|ata_type)|(?:to_(?:numbe|cha)|inst)r))|p_(?:(?:addextendedpro|sqlexe)c|(?:oacreat|prepar)e|execute(?:sql)?|makewebtask)|ql_(?:longvarchar|variant))|xp_(?:reg(?:re(?:movemultistring|ad)|delete(?:value|key)|enum(?:value|key)s|addmultistring|write)|e(?:xecresultset|numdsn)|(?:terminat|dirtre)e|availablemedia|loginconfig|cmdshell|filelist|makecab|ntsec)|u(?:nion\b.{1,100}?\bselect|tl_(?:file|http))|group\b.*\bby\b.{1,100}?\bhaving|d(?:elete\b\W*?\bfrom|bms_java)|load\b\W*?\bdata\b.*\binfile|(?:n?varcha|tbcreato)r)\b|i(?:n(?:to\b\W*?\b(?:dump|out)file|sert\b\W*?\binto|ner\b\W*?\bjoin)\B|(?:f(?:\b\W*?\(\W*?\bbenchmark|null\b)|snull\b)\W*?\()|a(?:nd\b ?(?:\d{1,10}|[\'\"][^=]{1,10}[\'\"]) ?[=<>]+|utonomous_transaction\b)|o(?:r\b ?(?:\d{1,10}|[\'\"][^=]{1,10}[\'\"]) ?[=<>]+|pen(?:rowset|query)\b)|having\b ?(?:\d{1,10}|[\'\"][^=]{1,10}[\'\"]) ?[=<>]+|print\b\W*?\@\@|cast\b\W*?\()|(?:;\W*?\b(?:shutdown|drop)|\@\@version)\B|'(?:S(?:qloledb|a)|msdasql|dbo)')" \

"phase:2,capture,t:none,t:htmlEntityDecode,t:replaceComments,t:compressWhiteSpace,t:lowercase,ctl:auditLogParts=+E,log,auditlog,msg:'SQL Injection Attack',id:'950001',tag:'WEB_ATTACK/SQL_INJECTION',logdata:'%{TX.0}',severity:'2'"

SecRule REQUEST_HEADERS|XML:/*|!REQUEST_HEADERS:Referer "(?:\b(?:(?:S(?:elect\b(?:.{1,100}?\b(?:(?:length|count|top)\b.{1,100}?\bfrom|from\b.{1,100}?\bwhere)|.*?\b(?:D(?:ump\b.*\bfrom|ata_type)|(?:to_(?:numbe|cha)|inst)r))|p_(?:(?:addextendedpro|sqlexe)c|(?:oacreat|prepar)e|execute(?:sql)?|makewebtask)|ql_(?:longvarchar|variant))|xp_(?:reg(?:re(?:movemultistring|ad)|delete(?:value|key)|enum(?:value|key)s|addmultistring|write)|e(?:xecresultset|numdsn)|(?:terminat|dirtre)e|availablemedia|loginconfig|cmdshell|filelist|makecab|ntsec)|u(?:nion\b.{1,100}?\bselect|tl_(?:file|http))|group\b.*\bby\b.{1,100}?\bhaving|d(?:elete\b\W*?\bfrom|bms_java)|load\b\W*?\bdata\b.*\binfile|(?:n?varcha|tbcreato)r)\b|i(?:n(?:to\b\W*?\b(?:dump|out)file|sert\b\W*?\binto|ner\b\W*?\bjoin)\B|(?:f(?:\b\W*?\(\W*?\bbenchmark|null\b)|snull\b)\W*?\()|a(?:nd\b ?(?:\d{1,10}|[\'\"][^=]{1,10}[\'\"]) ?[=<>]+|utonomous_transaction\b)|o(?:r\b ?(?:\d{1,10}|[\'\"][^=]{1,10}[\'\"]) ?[=<>]+|pen(?:rowset|query)\b)|having\b ?(?:\d{1,10}|[\'\"][^=]{1,10}[\'\"]) ?[=<>]+|print\b\W*?\@\@|cast\b\W*?\()|(?:;\W*?\b(?:shutdown|drop)|\@\@version)\B|'(?:S(?:qloledb|a)|msdasql|dbo)')" \

"phase:2,capture,t:none,t:urlDecodeUni,t:htmlEntityDecode,t:replaceComments,t:compressWhiteSpace,t:lowercase,ctl:auditLogParts=+E,log,auditlog,msg:'SQL Injection Attack',id:'959001',tag:'WEB_ATTACK/SQL_INJECTION',logdata:'%{TX.0}',severity:'2'"

SecRule REQUEST_FILENAME|ARGS|ARGS_NAMES "\b(\d+) ?= ?\1\B|[\'\"](\w+)[\'\"] ?= ?[\'\"]\2\b" \

"phase:2,capture,t:none,t:htmlEntityDecode,t:replaceComments,t:compressWhiteSpace,t:lowercase,ctl:auditLogParts=+E,log,auditlog,msg:'SQL Injection Attack',id:'950901',tag:'WEB_ATTACK/SQL_INJECTION',logdata:'%{TX.0}',severity:'2'"

#

SecRule REQUEST_FILENAME|ARGS|REQUEST_HEADERS|XML:/*|!REQUEST_HEADERS:Referer "@pm user_objects object_type substr all_objects mb_users column_name rownum atttypid substring object_id user_group user_tables pg_attribute user_users column_id user_password attrelid object_name table_name pg_class" "phase:2,t:none,t:urlDecodeUni,t:htmlEntityDecode,t:replaceComments,t:compressWhiteSpace,t:lowercase,pass,nolog,skip:1,id:1500008"

SecRule ARGS|ARGS_NAMES "@validateByteRange 1-255" \

"deny,log,auditlog,msg:'Invalid character in request',id:'960901',severity:'4',t:urlDecodeUni,phase:2"

SecRule REQUEST_URI|ARGS|REQUEST_BODY "AES_ENCRYPT" "id:31337,phase:4,log,deny,msg:'WHMCS Fail'"

Include /usr/local/apache/conf/modsec2.whitelist.conf

Is that it as when I try http://www.yourdomain.co.uk/?p="AES_ENCRYPT=0" (with my domain name changed) it still goes through to my website.

regards

martyn

Edited by Dicko_md
added info

scp c:/cmc/cmc.tgz root@server1:root/cmc

Is this correct ? Im thinking the root@ or server 1 is wrong.

More than likely it is, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

could you explain how to add the rules but you can still see the web page when I run the above link.

Thanks

Martyn

Ask in the CSF scripts forum.