Licence suddenly expired and www.WHMCS.com client area not accessible?

caminoz74

Hi,

I have woken this morning to find I cannot access my whmcs as it say my licence has expired which it should not have. More to the point I cannot access http://www.whmcs.com client area... says database connection error? So i'd say it has more to do with that which seems strange and also a high vulnerability i.e. if there is a problem with whmcs.com then everyones license goes ta ta?

Please update asap

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

wait on there we go... all's back up.

still a concern that if there is a problem with whmcs.com that everyones license goes offline?

Before WHMCS was hacked and they had everything on one single server, which caused everyones licenses to eventually become invalid.

They have since improved (I hope anyway) and I assume they have separated everything, they have even taken a significant investment from cPanel.

So assuming there was an issue with WHMCS.com licenses shouldn't be effected - that is assuming they learnt from their previous mistakes (Which I assume someone will confirm).

Edit: Here is that confirmation:

http://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?63622-License-System-Infrastructure-Updates

Edited by Alex - Arvixe

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Any unavailability of our licensing servers for whatever reason; maintenance, DDoS etc. should not cause a license error on your installation (unless you manually forced a remote licence check).

It might suggest a problem with your local licence file, so if you'd like us to investigate, please open a support ticket.