[Case #2982] 5.2.7 breaks admin ip logging

Turns out it was my browser cookie that was causing the problem.

Cleared the browser cache, logged in, and voila ~ IP logged.

I have submitted a bug report, but thought the community might want to know that upgrading from 5.2.6 to 5.2.7 breaks the admin IP logging.

Edited by WHMCS Chris

After full upgrade from 5.2.5 to 5.2.7, the "Recent Admin Activity" widget and "System Admin Login Log" does not show any ip address for new logins anymore. I have conformed this bug in both my dev installation, and in my production installation.

I have also tested in several different web browser, but the ip is not logged and not displayed. I even tested in a web browser that I have never ever used in WHMCS, it still is not working.

If it matters, I am using a custom admin directory name, and I have used .htaccess to restrict access to admin directory to only my own IP.

Cannot update the closed thread

http://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?76627-Case-2978-Recent-Admin-Activity-don-t-show-ip-(5-2-7)

but have tried the resolutions stated. (cleared cookies, cleared browser caches, cleared templates_c directory, restarted bowsers, restarted all machines..................)

Using 2 macs and 1 PC with different browsers still getting blank field for IP in tbladminlog but all other fields are being populated, adminusername, logintime, logouttime, sessionid and lastvisit.

IP is being shown correctly at the admin login screen.

Upgraded from 5.2.5 to 5.2.7 using a custom admin directory name and it is also .htaccess password protected.