Product add on active inactive/invoiced etc help needed

Jan38

Hi all,

I have taken over a company with websites domains and hosting. I am putting all that stuff in whmcs.

so far so good BUT, i do everything from the administrator side so not as a usual customer would do.

i create a new client/i put the hostingplan and domain on that client, i have created custom product add ons and here is my question:

when i have done all this the automatic invoice creating function of whmcs puts all services and products in an invoice. the invoice is sent to the client and waits for the payment.

the extra product add on stays inactive or waiting but is allready invoiced for that specific customer. when i change the status of the extra product add on to active the system creates another invoice with that add on in it. how is this possible?

the system did create an invoice allready where the extra add on is listed on.

what am i doing wrong here?

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

WHMCS will create one invoice per service or addon per Next Due Date, provided its status is Pending or Active.

So if an invoice was created for addon x on 01/01/2013, then no other invoices would be created for that addon-due date combination.

The only way to create another invoice would be if the Next Due Date was changed (either by the original invoice being paid, or manually by a member of staff).