Does reselling domains cost w/ free Enom reseller?

Does reselling domains from Enom cost even with the free reseller they provide from numerous hosting resellers? I am very confused and stumped. I just want to register our clients without them having to input my name servers manually. I do also see they you need to refill credits on your Enom account, what is that all about if you already have the free reseller?

Yes. A direct Enom account is something that you need to pay for - they are offering you a free of charge reseller account, however you then put credit on it and pay for your domains yourself. This integrates directly with WHMCS and so you can use it to sell domains to your clients.

Why not have them pay you for the domain via WHMCS? You can specify the nameservers to be used as default in WHMCS anyway - that's no problem. Otherwise, they may as well just go elsewhere to register them, but surely you're better off upselling domains with your hosting as well?

Is there any free domain resellers that I could integrate to WHMCS so the customer pays for the domain directly to the registrar, not me and easily configure their domains to my NS servers?

you could try Resellerclub where you will get a supersite/partnersite, which you could give the link to your clients, but you will still need to top up your resellerclub account so that the domain fee is taken from your account and you keep the profit between your cost and the cost you charge your client.

this is how all domain reseller accounts work. If you want clients to pay a registrar direct then you will need some sort of affiliate scheme like http://www.123-reg.co.uk/affiliate.shtml but these are not integrated with WHMCS

Is there any free domain resellers that I could integrate to WHMCS so the customer pays for the domain directly to the registrar, not me and easily configure their domains to my NS servers?

I don't believe their is a solution for this. You would need to charge your customers directly or send them to another company manually. When using eNom or another domain reseller you can set the default nameservers automatically upon registration.

why do it this way, set up a domain reseller account with resellerclub (no min top up required) so stick a little credit in the account maybe enough to cover 2 domain or just top up as you sell a domain.

this way get get a profit ie.

you join RC and get a domain for the cost of $3.99 and list on your site $5.99, so you make $2 profit, but if you send clients to say somewhere like namecheap who charge $10.97 a domain, but then the client sees they offer hosting cheaper than you, so leave you to move to namecheap hosting. so you are wanting to send your clients to a competitor, this does not make good business sense

Whilst it's *technically* possible to send your clients off to a 3rd party, I wouldn't recommend it - you've worked hard to get them to buy from you, why send them somewhere else ?

Whilst it's *technically* possible to send your clients off to a 3rd party, I wouldn't recommend it - you've worked hard to get them to buy from you, why send them somewhere else ?

Not to mention the potential loss of clients you could endure. Many people / companies would love the simplicity of simply adding a domain to their order form and having it automatically set up ready to go. When would they want to go through extra hurdles, finding a new registrar, registering the domain, pointing nameservers etc... - Just a lot of extra hassle for those who are "new" and just want to get online.