Liberty Reserve - officially turned offline and closed down!

Hi

It looks like after the arrest of it's founder, Arthur Budovsky, on suspicion of money laundering Liberty Reserve has been shut down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22680297

The website - https://www.libertyreserve.com - now shows a blank page, DNS offline.

A number of other virtual currency exchanges were also taken offline:

asianagold.com, exchangezone.com, moneycentralmarket.com and swiftexchanger.com. All above domains now point to domains owned by Shadowserver, a non-profit that fights cybercrime.

Now the question will be what happens to the money that people had sitting in their accounts.

It's been hit and miss for years, and a high-risk money system to say the least, but it looks like this might be the nail in the coffin

"It's been hit and miss for years, and a high-risk money system to say the least, but it looks like this might be the nail in the coffin"

When copying lines of text like above its nice to tell people the link: http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/general-discussion/33278-liberty-reserve-officially-offline-down.html

You copied the whole guys post basically.

"It's been hit and miss for years, and a high-risk money system to say the least, but it looks like this might be the nail in the coffin"

When copying lines of text like above its nice to tell people the link: http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/general-discussion/33278-liberty-reserve-officially-offline-down.html

You copied the whole guys post basically.

check any forum, this forum, WHT, HD etc. and you will find copy/pasted information as how do you think vital and useful information gets passed around.

check any forum, this forum, WHT, HD etc. and you will find copy/pasted information as how do you think vital and useful information gets passed around.

Pasting news links yes, but copy other people direct words off a forum - not very nice is it? Yuo do know forums have a quote button. And your copying the HostingDiscussion thread so its nice to link back to source.

I'm not the only person to mention this to you I don't think. You seem to be quite the good copy/paste guy.

Your first post in this thread was made differently though. You actually mixed in your own comments, with the words of someone else, and it appears that the words are yours. They're not.

Do not do this any more.

Okay and to get back to the original question. When a company gets investigated the assets are usually frozen. Once the investigation is complete then there should be a process to claim your money. If you are a user of the company you might want to contact the governing financial body in your country who will be able to offer you more accurate advice on what steps are involved.

It might be as simple as you have to put in a claim for your money to whomever is investigating them. If this is the case your payments would probably be investigated to prove their validity and you should receive a payment.

this is the only forum where it seems wrong to pass vital information onto other members.

does it matter where the info come from.

the person on HD should get wrong for posting the BBC link as this is info from the BBC. as stated i bet if you look closely at threads on this forum and others you will find copy/pasted information. guess what this is how info gets passed around.

the person on HD should get wrong for posting the BBC link as this is info from the BBC.

He quoted his source by including the link and wrote his own post, which is perfectly acceptable. You copied his post without showing that was the source, and really that's the issue, isn't it? Most forums where I see a shared story, the origin is included, so the original author and thread is credited.

A simple fix for future threads. ;)

Okay and to get back to the original question. When a company gets investigated the assets are usually frozen. Once the investigation is complete then there should be a process to claim your money. If you are a user of the company you might want to contact the governing financial body in your country who will be able to offer you more accurate advice on what steps are involved.

It might be as simple as you have to put in a claim for your money to whomever is investigating them. If this is the case your payments would probably be investigated to prove their validity and you should receive a payment.

I dont use LR although have an LR account but never used it, i passed this info on this forum as i know several WHMCS do use LR, but if they dont want to know this sort of info then be it and then let them come rant and rave on forums that they cant access their LR accounts or money.

this is the only forum where it seems wrong to pass vital information onto other members.

does it matter where the info come from.

Yes, of course.

I dont use LR although have an LR account but never used it, i passed this info on this forum as i know several WHMCS do use LR, but if they dont want to know this sort of info then be it and then let them come rant and rave on forums that they cant access their LR accounts or money.

This is drama, easyhosting and we're done with it. Of course we wish to be notified when these sorts of details are available. But, you don't post someone's words like that without giving them credit. You know this, you've done it before, and been told not to as well. Here we are again, and you're in the thick of it, again.

And you don't even use the company.

Please note: I am not having a discussion with you here on this specific topic of Liberty Reserve, I am about to moderate you. We've already had that discussion several times now, there is no reason to go there again.

Mind your next post, please.