Would like to change [Ticket ID: xxxxxx] to [Company: xxxxxx]

Elcoserv

Hello,

can you guys help me to find the way how to change fully this line in the subject of support emails [Ticket ID: xxxxxx] to [Company: xxxxxx] please ?

I tried to change that line from email templates, but when support ticket opened by Admin the support system generates again [Ticket ID: xxxxxx]. Please help me to find correct way.

Thanks in advance

Theres 3 places in there you would have to change it. Your saying that when a ticket it opened by an admin it still generated ticket id: you may have edited "support ticket opened" which doesnt impact admins opening a ticket. Your going to want to change that probably in all 3 of these. For consistency

" Support Ticket Opened by Admin"

"Support Ticket Opened"

" Support Ticket Reply"

It is generated from the "setup > general > support" tab, you will notice there are options available.

For instance you can use something like these as the ticket mask

[companynamehere]: %n%n%n%i and you would get something like this [company]: 1238764

[companynamehere]: %a%a%a%i and you would get something like this [company]: abc8764

[companynamehere]: %A%A%A%i and you would get something like this [company]: ABC8764

This should give you your company name, plus three numbers followed by the ticket id. you have other options they will be apparent when you take a look.

Edited by disgruntled

Hi, thank you for your suggestion. I tried to make as you say and I get below result.

Customer opens a support ticket and gets email with below subject:

Subject: [Ticket ID: companynamehere] Support test

Admin gets email with subject: Subject: [Ticket ID: companynamehere: OUKU-54823] New Support Ticket Opened

And I want to change the text "Ticket ID:" to the one which is company name

Edited by Elcoserv
add text

In your language files in these two locations. edit as required

whmcs/lang/

$_LANG['supportticketsticketid'] =

whmcs/admin/lang/

$_ADMINLANG['support']['ticketid'] =

Remember you will need to translate to all files, unless your just putting your company. Hard coding is not ideal but it will do what you need while you work out how to do it dynamically.

Edited by CDJ Hosting

In your language files in these two locations. edit as required

whmcs/lang/

$_LANG['supportticketsticketid'] =

whmcs/admin/lang/

$_ADMINLANG['support']['ticketid'] =

Remember you will need to translate to all files, unless your just putting your company. Hard coding is not ideal but it will do what you need while you work out how to do it dynamically.

I tried as you say, but still getting the same "Ticket ID" in the subject field

have you tried clearing the whmcs cache? those should have worked.

EDIT:: I just ran a file search for "ticket id" those are the only two places in the whmcs languages that it exists (per language ofcourse), the other place is in the language files for live help but that is as an array key.

I can only assume ( i have tested and cleared my cache ) that these are hard coded into the php coding. Something to report or request i guess.

Ignore me, i found it. Its not hard coded exactly, but it is in the email template subject

For admin emails:

Email templates > admin messages > (support ticket created / support ticket reply / escalation notice) edit all the subject lines in all the languages you see in there. Use {$company_name} it does work, adjust the subject(s) as needed.

For the Client emails:

Nothing in the email templates to change so it really must be hard coded there.

Edited by CDJ Hosting

Somthing is amiss there, templates_c should contain cached templates. If it doesnt then it may not be writable or you may have just cleared it.

Sorry for all those edits, i thought it wasnt possible then found that actually it is, Half possible, the admin emails will change as you want them to, just edit the admin email templates for the tickets, the client side seems unchangable, but then, as i investigate this further it may suddenly become apparent. although i have to say, its not looking promising.

• 7 years later...
On 17/05/2013 at 8:25 AM, Elcoserv said:

Hello,

can you guys help me to find the way how to change fully this line in the subject of support emails [Ticket ID: xxxxxx] to [Company: xxxxxx] please ?

I tried to change that line from email templates, but when support ticket opened by Admin the support system generates again [Ticket ID: xxxxxx]. Please help me to find correct way.

Thanks in advance

I know it's been a long time, but I wanted to finish this topic. (For those whose problem has persisted so far)
You can probably search and edit this in the path below.

/resources /sql/install/tblemailtemplates.data.sql

On 17/05/2013 at 8:25 AM, Elcoserv said:

Hello,

Thanks in advance

I know it's been a long time, but I wanted to finish this topic. (For those whose problem has persisted so far)
You can probably search and edit this in the path below.

/resources/sql/install/tblemailtemplates.data.sql