Recieve SMS when Ticket submitted by Client

lainard

Hello There,

here some Code to make you recieved new ticket when your Client submit Ticket Via order form i recomendate use captcha for your ticket form

First Of all

ANY DAMAGE TICKET ABUSE OF YOUR SUPPORT TICKET SYSTEM IS ON YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY THIS CODE IS FREE AND NEED TO BE MAKE BETTER

here we are

i assume you have already account on Clickatell.com

and you have already make a gateway through their website,

1. Download This sms API code here http://rapidshare.com/files/49646037/sms_api.zip unpack and upload to yuour whmcs installation directory

2. change Configuration accoding to your username,password,API that you made

var $api_id = "YOUR_CLICKATELL_API_NUMBER";
var $user = "YOUR_CLICKATELL_USERNAME";
var $password = "YOUR_CLICKATELL_PASSWORD"; 

3. make a php file whereever it safe i recomendate includes folder name it sms_send.php

<?php
require_once ("sms_api.php");
$mysms = new sms();
$mysms->send ("12521254521", "Ticketing", "You have recieved New Ticket");
?>
// 12521254521 = the number will recieve sms mustbe leading with country code without +
// 'Ticketing' =  is sender number you can change anything
//  You have recieved New Ticket = is the message for your sms

Save it

4. Open file /YOURWHMCS/templates/YOURTEMPLATE/supportticketsubmit-confirm.tpl

and add this at the end those 2 lines i suppose

{include_php file='includes/send_sms.php'}

In this situation i put my sms_send.php in includes Folder

5. Try it

if you need help let me know if you know better let me Know please...

Adam, I am not sure if you understood. This code doesn't work.

I want to get notified both when a client places an order and when he submits a ticket.

The order part (posted in other topic in this forum) works, but the ticket doesn't.

No need to be rude, man.

Angelcosta,

Was not trying to be rude or mean.

You posted that the "sms thing with the order is ok" than "But i couldnt get this to work."

So I was unsure if it was or was not working for you.

Now can you explain more on why it does not work? Are you having a hard time installing it, getting an error message back, white page, etc? Something you can give us to work with rather than "it does not work."

Thanks,

Adam

ok now, it was an error with the connection... should be http and now smtp as i selected.

thanks anyway!

It's a very good contribution.

I just would like to know how i disable error, so they don't show for the client, such as "no credit left", "authentication error", etc.

These two lines

echo $mysms->session;
echo $mysms->getbalance(); 

become

//echo $mysms->session;
//echo $mysms->getbalance(); 

These two lines

echo $mysms->session;
echo $mysms->getbalance(); 

Hi lainard,

I think these lines are at the checkout.php (for the new order sms).

Btw, great contribution! It works, thank you! If we can get rid of these error messages will be perfect :)

Thanks,

Strats

OK, here is the solution to the error:

Remove these lines at your sms_send.php

//12521254521 = the number will recieve sms mustbe leading with country code without +
// 'Ticketing' =  is sender number you can change anything
//  You have recieved New Ticket = is the message for your sms 

Removing those lines won't fix anything; they're comments and are always completely ignored. If it looked like it worked you must have removed something else!

Lines starting with "//" in PHP have everything after the "//" totally ignored by PHP.

true

he may delete other thing

We had this done custom from admin area when ever a ticket is created/replied via client area or email piping an sms is sent via smtp works great. The only draw back is Matt has to edit custom file when ever there is a change/revision to it. Would like to see this incorporated into whmcs. Also have with checkout script sending sms message via smtp also works great. Would like to see this also incorporated into whmcs.

No need for any special account

• 1 month later...

Can I ask a quick question about this?

Why pay for SMS messages (through clickatell) for notification of support tickets?

If you have IMAP installed on your server, connect your mobile phone to the mailbox and as soon as you receive an email you will know about it. Not only is it more reliable than clickatell's system, (which is frequently down, slow or sends duplicate texts), but you see the whole email. (not just a few bits of text from the subject etc).

This is what I do.

Each to his own of course, and I know different networks will have different costs, but if you're using WHMCS mobile on your phone, you must have a data connection you can use. ?

Just curious.

Sms is included at no charge on our cell phone system, as for IMAP mail the real reason for this is to be sure tickets are being handled promptly, I really dont care about email when I am not in the office.

The SMS comes in handy on weekends especially when I am off

That's good that sms is free.

I'm not sure I follow about not using IMAP because you want tickets answered promptly. The very second a ticket is raised and an email lodged into the mailbox, my phone alerts me and gives me the full email.

Using SMS you're still adding a third party to the chain and the possibility of delays. My point was that IMAP is instant, gives you the full details and eliminates third party involvement.

Not arguing for one over the other (as I say, each to his own, and that will of course depend on the choices available on their cellphone network), but I thought IMAP might be worth serious consideration in this area for anyone who hadn't considered it. :lol:

One last thought on this: each time there is an WHMCS upgrade, (until/if SMS is integrated into WHMCS) you have to edit your files to get it to work.

The only way I know to do it is through a service like clickatell as outlined in this thread earlier using the developed/advertised mod.

If you have an IMAP mailserver why send an SMS when you can connect to the mailserver via your phone and know instantly of emails and browse them on the server.

this contribution means to use clickatell services if you have any other way using what IMAP OR ANYTHING ELSE PLEASE POST YOUR CONTRIBUTION IN NEW TOPIC as this topic clear not using your IMAP!

Apologies for misunderstanding. I wrongly thought the topic was all about helping people receive notification of support tickets being raised and the various ways and options of achieving that. I didn't realise it was to promote clickatell only.

Surely its a choice thing? My only motive is to help people. Apologies again for offending you.

I was also asking the question for my own interests, in case there was some reason I don't know about, but which was the reason you guys who are using SMS use it instead of IMAP.

If you contact a mod, I'm sure they will be happy to remove my post.