Two Factor Authentication for the Client Area and Admin Area

Can we use this and force this for just admins?

Yes, you can just use this for your admin area and not add the menu option for the client area. In order to force the use for the admin area you need to use Duo Security, if you use Authy or Twilio SMS each admin needs to enable two factor auth on their account.

Version 1.3 is now available, these new features are not available in the trial version.

-A new option has been added to force admin users to setup Two Factor Auth upon login.

-Google Authenticator support for the admin and the client area have been added.

-This can be setup using Google Authenticator only or you can use a hybrid of Google Authenticator + Twilio.

-When using the Google Authenticator + Twilio auth system, upon login a SMS token can be request if the user doesn't have a smartphone or if they have an issue with the Google Authenticator app.

-An API function has been added to allow other systems, such as control panels, to use the two factor auth system.

-(BETA) You can now enabled two factor auth for the SolusVM client area. We are not able to add this to the admin area of SolusVM at this time since all of the admin template files are encoded.

-The way this works is from the two factor auth setup screen, if the customer has a SolusVM package and is not a sub account, they will see an option to enable two factor auth for the vps control panel. Upon logging into SolusVM they will use the same two factor auth settings as the WHMCS client area. An encrypted cookie is stored so the customer will only need to enter a token every 30 days or when accessing from an unknown device.

-This system is disabled by default and can be enabled from the module configuration page.

-If you are interesting in trying this new option, after ordering, please send us an email requesting the files for your SolusVM server.

Huh... I recently added a module from IPGeeks securing our password reset system. I'll have to buy this module as soon as we've enough funds available to secure a copy of this module.

You should see if you can collaborate with IPGeeks with their password reset module and integrate that into your module?

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Can't you make this work new client accounts before payment/provisioning so that it works just like a SMS verification service? This could potentially see good demand as it would be more affordable. (the other sms verification plugin was more expensive and is no longer supported)

Hi,

Can't you make this work new client accounts before payment/provisioning so that it works just like a SMS verification service? This could potentially see good demand as it would be more affordable. (the other sms verification plugin was more expensive and is no longer supported)

That would be beyond the scope of this module, I will look into the possibility of releasing a SMS verification module.

• 2 months later...

Our two factor auth module has been updated now to work properly with WHMCS 5.2.1.

With the 5.2 release of WHMCS, there is some basic two factor auth support which requires a subscription, our module is separate from what WHMCS is providing and will continue to work like it did before requiring only a one time payment of $15 USD.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Please tell, how we can change phone number for admin stuff or how we can recive a QR code (for Duo Security) after we have gone through the process of confuguration two factor auth system?

Each admin can configure their two factor auth by going to Addons->Two Factor Auth

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Joe,

Quick note. Can client choose which two factor they would like to use. Like Authy / duosecurity / google auth.?

As an admin, am a fan of google auth. But i have discussed in the past with my clients and they love authy (now apparently they support google auth though). That would be nice to have.

Thanks,

Currently that is not supported, the client can only use the two factor auth method you have selected in the general configuration of the module. Authy does allow you to setup Google two factor tokens so if you used google authenticator they could use Authy as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

i installed the trial to use with google auth.

and i followed all your readme instructions. and activated it and all. however i can never get it to come up. when i login.

do i need to de authenticate my computer or something to get it to work the first time?

- - - Updated - - -

i installed the trial to use with google auth.

and i followed all your readme instructions. and activated it and all. however i can never get it to come up. when i login.

do i need to de authenticate my computer or something to get it to work the first time?

okay so it started to work now.

however everytime i enter the code from the google app it says it is invalid.

Hi PixelPaul, we are no longer maintaing the free trial version it is based on an older version, you may have followed an old link to it, it has been removed from our general shopping cart.

The full version does work with the latest version of WHMCS, if you don't want to pay for it without trying it out first or need further assistance, please open a ticket in our client area. Also, make sure your date/time is correct and in sync on your server, otherwise it will cause issues with google auth.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Can anyone confirm that the Authy can be used for multi-device two-factor authentication!?

Have some client who want to have their Two-Factor authentication provided in more than one device...

one option that I can see is they can create a sub-user on their account which is also them that has the permissions they want to setup for that user... and then they should be able to have it work on two devices.. just a thought, but I could be wrong.. yet to try this software out.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...