Domain Registrations/Renewals Failing

Si

I posted another thread re this being a Nominet issue, but it seems from other posts in other sections of the forums it is more widespread. Here's my scenario on Nominet.

Customer registers a new domain:

They receive email confirming domain registration (BUT Domain is NOT registered)

I have to manually process the domain using the Register button in WHMCS. (Domain Registers successfully)

However the expiry date shows: 00/00/0000 (So I have to manually input this)

The status of the domain shows: Pending (So I have to change this to ACTIVE)

Customer renews a domain:

Customer receives an email confirming domain is renewed (BUT Domain is NOT renewed)

Again, like registration, I manually hit the renewal button in WHMCS (Domain is renewed)

The expiry date is NOT updated (So I update the expiry date manually again)

None of this has anything to do with the cron. (I now understand that). My mistake previously. But Matt has pointed out that the above should all happen without any manual intervention required. It's not happening that way for me.

If you have an issue like the above, please make WHMCS know about it by adding your comments to this post. (Whatever your registrar api might be)

We need as many people to support this to make WHMCS staff recognise it as an important core issue that needs addressed. Thank you.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just an update, I received an patch file for my specific issues which resolved all these domain problems. I'd assume if you have a ticket open the patch should be passed out shortly for you all as well.

Just gotta wait for a resolution on our Promotion/Coupon API problems now :(.

Just an update, I received an patch file for my specific issues which resolved all these domain problems. I'd assume if you have a ticket open the patch should be passed out shortly for you all as well.

Just gotta wait for a resolution on our Promotion/Coupon API problems now :(.

I have a ticket open since 12th on this - but if there is a patch available it should be released globally in the v 5.1 patches at the head of this section of the forum asap.

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the detailed report. Could you please give the attached file replacement a try in the /includes/ folder for this one and let me know how it goes.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the input.

Sadly, what I've tested so far, it doesn't fix it.

What I do see fixed is this: (relates to Nominet)

When the domainsync.php runs now, it updates the expiry date of UK domains so that they match the whois.

What I have also tested is the domain renewal process. Here's the result compared to above:

Customer renews a domain:

Customer receives an email confirming domain is renewed (Domain IS renewed)

The EXPIRY DATE however is NOT updated at this point

The NEXT DUE DATE does update (as it did before)

Rather than updating the expiry date manually, for testing this fully, I have to set the domainsync.php cron to run every minute until it randomly picks up the domain that has just been renewed and syncs the due date. Thankfully after only the 7th running of the cron, the domain expiry date is sync'd. (Obviously this cannot be left to run in the real world and the expiry date needs updating at the point of renewal).

Have not yet tested registration of a new domain. I suspect similar to the above though.

Si

Hi matt

If this file "domain_reg_fix" is the same for my support ticket: [Ticket ID: 750879], plese review my test. The fix may not resolve in a 100% the bug.

I think a good idea release a Servicepack to fix many bugs that are introduce in the 5.1.2 release. Like:

- Lenguage chosser not working well

- The lenguage set in the client profile is not used. Ever show in english

- If a order with a new domain registration is accepted from the list, The order is acepted but no a domain is registered.

- the same issue if the order is acepted in the order detail page. (The fix file only fix this, not when the order is acepted from the list)

- when a new order is placed, for register domain. If the client put a custom NameServer, the form is not validated if introduce duplicated some Nameserves.

- tha admin homepage are very slowly to load all witget and graphics.

- and other bugs that have been reported.

I might add a very important one - the new cron domainsync script does not work with many registrars and shows "not supported" but that's a little offtopic.

I am talking about the "Sync Not Supported by Registrar Module" problem when the domainsync.php is run and that problem is clearly not fixed yet ---> http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?50258-WHMCS-5-1-2-New-method-Domain-Sync-quot-not-supported-quot

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I have automatic renewals switched off so that I can manually process them from the admin area.

When I renewed the last UK domain the activity log records 2 events:

17/07/2012 15:18 Order Accepted - Order ID: 6989 Admin 81.***.***.***

17/07/2012 15:18 Email Sent to 'Customers name' (Domain Renewal Confirmation)

What does the activity log have added to it when the renewal is attempted?

Matt

Domain Registration Failed - Domain ID: 517 - Domain: xxxx.com - Error: Error obtaining customer id

We have been registering all domains manually and fedup.

Edited by jamshed_11946

• WHMCS CEO
Not sure if it makes a difference, but I have automatic renewals switched off so that I can manually process them from the admin area.

Ok will check into it.

Domain Registration Failed - Domain ID: 517 - Domain: xxxx.com - Error: Error obtaining customer id

We have been registering all domains manually and fedup.

Ah ok, well this is something slightly different then as it is actually attempting to register it, but just failing. What's your ticket number?

Matt