WHMCS have expenses?

vikingo

Question

7 answers to this question

Hello

With this software can i track some expenses on my company like servers fee, employees, etc?

Yes you can add how much each server costs each month when setting up a new server. Not sure about Employee's though.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

You can manually enter your outgoings as transactions without assigning them to a client or invoice and just entering the cost in the "Amount Out" field. But ideally you'd use your accounting package to track your business costs.

I dont see a need to do this when you would be double accounting for all of the out of service department items, As stands the system does what it does and you download what is required for your accounting, no human error involved.

Then you merge this with your other accounting to finalise your accounts.

You already manually input data into your accounts, why do this again into whmcs? unless you prefer whmcs to be the full business solution. but i still see no reason for it, whmcs can be exported to several variations of accounting formats, better to merge as required than to duplicate and possibly introduce inconsistencies i think

Again exporting to your accounting software is surely a better solution? WHMCS does have quite a good system in place for your accounting needs and domain registrations are handled in WHMCS also, so for me personally i feel exporting to your accounting software is the best of both worlds, you get instant access to the data at a glance and then are able to provide a full account when needed to your accountant or the tax man.

If you are looking for an all in one accounting system, i believe there is an online one that whmcs can integrate with, this might be a good option for those looking for this sort of thing. Off hand i forget the name, but a quick look through the documentation should tell you what you need to know.