Unbranded option with Hostgator?

brad1234

Question

I've got a reseller account through Hostgator, and I'd like to remove the "Powered by" branding. Hostgator directed me here, but I'm having difficulty finding the price.

I'm assuming (hopefully correctly) that I wouldn't need to pay the full price for an unbranded license, since Hostgator already provides the unbranded license for free.

How much does it cost to remove the branding on a Hostgator WHMCS installation?

Thanks!

14 answers to this question

I am logged into my account, but I don't see "Services" to navigate to. I searched in "Addons" for "Branding Removal" but I could not find anything there either. Could you guys please give me an update on how to update to the unbranded version if I have my license key from a hosting provider?

I am logged into my account, but I don't see "Services" to navigate to. I searched in "Addons" for "Branding Removal" but I could not find anything there either. Could you guys please give me an update on how to update to the unbranded version if I have my license key from a hosting provider?

"Services" is in the header navigation menu of the client area (or you can go directly here: https://www.whmcs.com/members/clientarea.php?action=products) - Select your license from HostGator and select View Details -> Addons -> View Available Addons and order the branding free addon.

I find it a little odd, hostgator being a reseller of whmcs have access to the debranding the same as everybody else why are they not offering it to you?

I haven't seen any reseller offer any addons. The difference here is since HostGator offers WHMCS.com access, you can buy the addons yourself. The plus side is you can transfer them to an owned license after you grow out of hostgator (what I did).

I haven't seen any reseller offer any addons. The difference here is since HostGator offers WHMCS.com access, you can buy the addons yourself. The plus side is you can transfer them to an owned license after you grow out of hostgator (what I did).

We do. We offer both banded and unbranded versions. It's a click of a button to enable it. The only reason I can think of is that branded and unbranded licenses have to be purchased separately by the reseller so maybe HostGator are just being difficult.

That would be a shock eh? ;)

We do. We offer both banded and unbranded versions. It's a click of a button to enable it. The only reason I can think of is that branded and unbranded licenses have to be purchased separately by the reseller so maybe HostGator are just being difficult.

That would be a shock eh? ;)

I think its just the way the hostgator system works. To get your free license all you do is visit the link on WHMCS.com then your WHMCS.com account is created.

As a reseller we offer both types also that must be ordered from us.