Associate Tickets with Clients

Ever had a client send in a ticket before signing up, who later signed up and asked a question related to the ticket, but you had trouble locating the ticket because it wasn't associated with their account? Or you simply needed to refer back to some information in the ticket later?

If so, this addon can help. As long as they signed up with the same e-mail address, it will find their pre-signup tickets and associate them with their account automatically.

It runs during the daily cron job and requires no configuration. You will receive an e-mail detailing the Client each Ticket ID was linked to (if any at all)

Installation:

- Unzip the zip file and upload the resulting .php file to the includes/hooks folder in your WHMCS installation.

Details:

- $15 USD with free lifetime upgrades. No license checks or call home.

Purchase:

Click Here

If you have any questions, please direct them to us via our support system or e-mail.

Edited by Lawrence

I may be wrong, but this strikes me as a bad idea.

What's to stop someone submitting a ticket using an existing clients email address with malicious intent, for example emailing "Please cancel my account" and it getting linked to a clients account?

Don't see the problem. As far as I can see, (and please correct me if I am wrong) this modules purpose is to MANUALLY assign tickets to a new clients account. Since this is done manually, I assume you will cross check any email addresses used or whatever you prefer to cross-check.

Not sure how this module can be a problem if somebody is submitting a ticket from an existing clients email address? If somebody is submitting a ticket from en existing clients email, you would assume, no matter what mod you have installed, that this came from an existing client, wouldn't you? Either it is your client emailing you or somebody has hacked their account and emailing you from it. Not much you can do to spot the difference, is it? Of have I misunderstood your point totally here?

Don't see the problem. As far as I can see, (and please correct me if I am wrong) this modules purpose is to MANUALLY assign tickets to a new clients account. Since this is done manually, I assume you will cross check any email addresses used or whatever you prefer to cross-check.

Not sure how this module can be a problem if somebody is submitting a ticket from an existing clients email address? If somebody is submitting a ticket from en existing clients email, you would assume, no matter what mod you have installed, that this came from an existing client, wouldn't you? Either it is your client emailing you or somebody has hacked their account and emailing you from it. Not much you can do to spot the difference, is it? Of have I misunderstood your point totally here?

This module compares tickets not assigned to a client, with the clients database and sees if there's an e-mail address match.

If the person is already a client, WHMCS will do this itself automatically anyways. All my mod does is handle the case where someone contacts you BEFORE becoming a client. If they decide to, then the tickets (as long as they sign up with the same e-mail address) get linked to them.

If someone has gone to the trouble of hacking an e-mail account associated with a client in WHMCS, the actions of this mod will be the least of your worries.