Enom Domain Registration Confirmation

mikelegg

I've just started using the WHMCS/Enom system and there's one thing that seems to be different from the other registrars we use ...

Enom don't issue any sort of "Registration Certificate" or other official confirmation to the registrant.

All of the other registrars that we use send some sort of official email to the registrant which confirms their role as the registrar and the registration details (eg. domain name, length of registration, expiry date).

At present, all my customers are receiving is the email that WHMCS issues which only comes from us as the domain reseller not the registrar.

I've looked at the "Confirmation Email Settings" section in the Enom system, but these emails are just order confirmations, not registration confirmations and contain information that I wouldn't want to send to a customer (eg. my purchase price!). And while the opening and closing text of these emails can be modified, the main content can't.

Is there a way of having an Enom "Certificate of Registration" or some other official confirmation of the domain registration issued to domain registrant?

• WHMCS Support Manager

I've not heard of a registrar issuing anything like this either. Nominet used to send paper certificates in the post for .uk registrations, but they stopped that many years ago now As far as eNom are concerned whoever is listed in the registrant contact is the legal owner of the domain.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Thats very true, it is better not to disclose the name of original sellers as sometime your may loose your customers too !!

Registrars still do this however there is no point if your a reseller. Why would you want your customers to know the domains come from another party? You should be sending notices out yourself.