Automating account creation in WHM/cpanel and sending clients login details

bourhim

Hello, hope someone could answer this "newbe" question:

I’ve just finished graphical integration of my WHMCS copy and would like to go in the config step:

How could I automate account creation in WHM/cpanel via WHMCS? What I want is : when an invoice status change to “paid”, WHMCS create the account in my servers WHM with the specific products and services and send an email to clients including all he’s login details like DNS names, cpanel url, password, ftp url ….

The best place to start is always the documentation: http://docs.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM

When a customer signs up they don't get their cPanel un/pw in an email. I have checked the Email Templates and the new order confirmation email is enabled. We have also configured a cc address of all system messages in the general settings and that address doesn't the the cPanel login either.

Please advice what I'm missing.

//jonas

I am having the same issue too... I get a Welcome email sent, that has their login details for the site, but the email titled 'New Account Information' is not sending. I have to manually send it by going into the clients account, Products/Services tab, and send the 'Hosting Account Welcome Email'

It used to work before...

So the account is provisioned on the server but the welcome email isn't sent? When entries do you see in Utilities > Activity Log at the time of ordering?

Here is my activity log. You can see at the top that I had to manually send out the New Product Email because of the IP address.

whmcsError2.jpg

Edited by olie480

The best place to start is always the documentation: http://docs.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM

Hi, I don't believe that documentation actually answers the OP's question, which I'd like to know myself. He asked:

"How could I automate account creation in WHM/cpanel via WHMCS?"

In the document you linked to I only saw how to manually create accounts in WHM/cPanel.

Please clarify if automatic account creation in WHM/cpanel via WHMCS can be done. Thank you for your assistance.

• WHMCS Support Manager

@olie480: I think you'll need to open a support ticket so we can run some tests. It sounds like some kind of fatal error is occurring when the account is provisioned that's preventing the welcome email being sent.

@Danielle: If everything is configured per our documentation and video tutorials then account will be created automatically.

@olie480: I think you'll need to open a support ticket so we can run some tests. It sounds like some kind of fatal error is occurring when the account is provisioned that's preventing the welcome email being sent.

Wouldn't there be some kind of log about this if there was an error sending? or not.

Looks like the problem has been resolved by cleaning out the template_c directory FULLY. I cleaned it out a couple of days ago, but I didn't try a test transaction. I just did it now, and the New Account Information was successfully sent to me.

So it looks like that was the problem.

On a side note, it's okay to clean that directory every once in a while, correct?

Thanks, for replying. :D

Well I have everything setup according to the videos, but an account was not created for the client in WHM/cPanel.

The servers were setup, and the product was already enabled for auto setup as soon as the first payment is received. But when I look in the activity log I see "Module Create on Payment Suppressed for New Client" a couple times. I don't know if that's relevant.

One weird thing I noticed is when I go to Client Profile>Products/Services and click on the "login to control panel" link, it goes to MY site cPanel, not the client's. Any thoughts? Thanks for any help.

Correction, to the last weird thing I mentioned, I figured out that it only logs into MY site cPanel from MY CLIENT'S cpanel link in WHMCS, when I'm logged into WHMCS and WHM/cpanel at the same time.

So I guess WHMCS uses cookies to login to your client's cpanel?

Edit: It seems the post I made a couple hours ago hasn't been approved and posted yet. So this may seem out of context.

Edited by Danielle

• WHMCS Support Manager

That'll be because you've got Setup > General Settings > Ordering tab > Only Auto Provision for Existing enabled:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Ordering_Tab#Only_Auto_Provision_for_Existing

The login link you describe sounds like it's working as intended; enter your WHM login detials and you'll be taken to the client's cPanel with reseller privileges.