Getting IP address allowed by eNom

ezuk1

Just went through this myself. Seems the dedicated IP is not the one Enom is seeing (possibly because of cURL?), so I had to submit the shared IP of the server it's on as well. "onestopad" has it right. Open a ticket with Enom and they do it pretty fast.

I have asked them to allow the main IP of my dedicated, server, but I have a few domains on my server that each have a dedicated IP. Do I also need to give these to enom if I want those domains to be able to use the enom service?

Thanks

I'm not so sure. They already had my dedicated IP where WHMCS is installed (and this was working fine in WHM*P), yet it was erroring out with WHMCS, saying the main shared IP was connecting. Once I added the main IP, it worked without error.

Now that you made me think about it.....I went in and checked and sure enough I am using the server shared ip, NOT the dedicated ip. The change we requested was when we changed servers instead of switching to a dedicated ip :oops:

MySQL will be using the default server IP, and as WHMCS uses MySQL...

Close, but I think you're mistaken. mySQL doesn't do anything outside the server (it stores data and returns it to scripts that query it); this has to be either cURL or PHP that's contacting Enom. PHP runs as the server (or "nobody"), so that's probably the reason. Matt could clear it up, I suppose. ;)

But I'm not using the shared IP. My domain, SSL cert, WHMCS...everything is on the dedicated. :(

But you are usin the shared IP, as calls *out* from the server will use whatever eth0 is set to :)

You just need to create an API ticket @ enom support asking for the serevrs IP to be added to your account, or ask WHMCS to wrie a patch to make outbound calls from a different interface.