Kayako Integration - v1.0

Okay. Here it is... Had this conversation with Kayako.

You are now chatting with Sonal (Sales)

Sonal: Hi Philip.

Sonal: How can I help you?

Philip: Hi. I chatted with one of your sales rep about 9 hours ago.

Sonal: Okay.

Philip: I asked about integration and login share of WHMCS billing system. She said that it will be done in 3 weeks.

Philip: I currently use SupportSuite and it is integrated in my ModernBill. Unfortunately, I am going to switch to WHMCS.

Philip: So, I asked her about integration and she said in 3 weeks. When this happens, I will purchase your system to own.

Philip: I can not recall her name. She said to contact her.

Sonal: Okay.

Philip: Is it true what she said about 3 weeks it will be done?

Sonal: Let me check.

Philip: Thank you.

Sonal: Please wait for a moment.

Philip: Roger that.

Sonal: Yes, it will be done within the next 3 weeks as committed by Nancy

Philip: That's her name, lol.

Philip: How can I email her?

Philip: Do you have her email?

Sonal: Yeah ! :)

Philip: Who is Nancy anyways? Is she the owner? Hehe.

Sonal: You can e-mail my Manager at raghav.arora@kayako.com

Sonal: No she is not.

Philip: I think that was her last name too, lol.

Sonal: Hahaha

Philip: Is it?

Sonal: Yes.

Sonal: A coincidence.

Sonal: :-)

Philip: I knew it.

Sonal: :0

Philip: Well, I will send an email to confirm all this.

Philip: :P

Sonal: Sure :)

Philip: I will tell the WHMCS community about what's happening. Is that alright?

Sonal: Anything else I can help you with?

Philip: Free advertising for you folks.

Philip: :) That is all. Okay to tell the WHMCS?

Sonal: Please wait let me confirm :)

Philip: Okay.

Philip: :|

Sonal: Initiate a chat later as our Manager is not available currently

Sonal: :(

Sonal: I tried to contact him but could not :(

Philip: It should be okay to tell them. It will only give you more customer.

Philip: You think?

Sonal: Hmmmmm............

Philip: Well, if she said 3 weeks, then it is, lol.

Philip: Tell your manager to stop smoking and get going with the integration and login share.

Sonal: Can you please initiate a chat later I'll confirm it once again for you and tell you whether or not to inform WHMCS regarding the same or not

Philip: When later?

Philip: It is 1am here, lol.

Philip: Didn't you confirm it with him about the 3 weeks?

Philip: :|

Sonal: Maybe after 5-6 hours

Philip: I'll be sleeping, lol.

Philip: So, are we still talking or I have to chat later? :|

Sonal: Please wait a moment

Philip: Just to let you know, this chat is recorded, lol.

Sonal: May be integration may take more time WHMCS developers are working on it.

Philip: I see. I thought it was on your end?

Philip: So, give or take 3-6 weeks?

Philip: You know I can not run 2 support system, lol. I would have to go with WHMCS. I still have a month with you. Love the live chat.

Sonal: I cannot commit. We will start working when they finish their side of work .

Philip: Nancy committed.

Sonal: We will try but I cannot commit.

Philip: Why can't you? lol

Sonal: Because I want to be sure...

Philip: Well, as long as you guys are working on it. It's all good for me.

Sonal: When I commit I keep my words.

Sonal: :)

Philip: Can you commit to working on it?

Philip: Or commit to that it will happen by the time I reach 90?

Philip: lol

Sonal: We are definitely working on it :)

Sonal: And it will be done but I cannot commit about the exact date.

Philip: Then, that is good news. I will still hold Nancy on what she said to me. Or else she is a liar, lol.

Sonal: No comments.

Sonal: All I can assure you is that we are working on it :)

Sonal: Anything else I can help you with?

Philip: Cool. I will tell WHMCS. Tell your boss that he can fire me if he does not like it, lol. :P

Philip: That is all. Thank you for you time. Have a great day!

Sonal: Bye.

Philip: Cheers!

Sonal: You too

Sonal has left the chat conversation

Click Here to Leave a Message

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! I certainly haven't been contacted about it, and am not doing any work on it, so exactly what are they waiting for from me!! Could be a long wait...

Matt

LOL!

So the plugin is not going to be made. Sorry Variable, they lied to ya. Lucky for them I already bought my kayako lic. way before WHMCS was created so they couldn't do the same thing they are to you.

From,

Adam

• 4 weeks later...

This is what I am not 100% on..

We currently have whmcs and Supportsuite.

Since we have been using these for awhile, the user names and passwords are inconsistent between the two applications. If we enable this, will whmcs users still be able to access supportsuite with the login details they previously created if they manually login to supportsuite?

Can people still register at supportsuite without having a WHMCS client area access?

I understand this will auto login whmcs users with the email and password that is on file with WHMCS, but I don't want to block the users from the tickets they already created. What happens if they used the same email for WHMCS and Supportsuite, but have a different password?

This is what I am not 100% on..

We currently have whmcs and Supportsuite.

Awesome!

Since we have been using these for awhile, the user names and passwords are inconsistent between the two applications. If we enable this, will whmcs users still be able to access supportsuite with the login details they previously created if they manually login to supportsuite?

YES! The password that is in WHMCS would not matter on what is in the SupportSuite database. The only item that the two MUST have in common is the email address. The rest you are good to go.

Can people still register at supportsuite without having a WHMCS client area access?

Yes! When you add a new user to SupportSuite it will NOT mess with your WHMCS database, or the other way around.

I understand this will auto login whmcs users with the email and password that is on file with WHMCS, but I don't want to block the users from the tickets they already created. What happens if they used the same email for WHMCS and Supportsuite, but have a different password?

I posted it above, but as the only item these two share in common, would need to be an email address. Anything else doesn't matter. So if they have different passwords for WHMCS and SupportSuite they can still use the auto-login -- as long as -- you do NOT have any other login shared installed. You must be running the default Kayako LoginShare.

As for different emails, you would have to change the main email on any or all tickets they use to one email address.

Example:

Client One uses two email address:

client@isp.com

02client@isp.com

On WHMCS the client used client@isp.com so all tickets that 02client@isp.com opened must be changed over to client@isp.com

You can do this manully or run an SQL query in your database under the table 'swticketposts'

Hope that helps,

Adam

Apologies if this feels OT, but, why would someone using WHMCS use Kayako? Is it superior to WHMCS in the support and kb department?

Yup, Kayako has more features than the WHMCS ticketing system by far. It's dedicated to support so it should do aswell!

From,

Adam

I'm eagerly awaiting some advancement on this integration from Kayako's end.

Hey,

Thats never going to happen. I have emailed them a few times, got one email back from Kayako saying they are backing me up on this. I asked them to help me out with the function of opening a new ticket but never got a reply back from the Kayako developer.

So I'm the only one working on this add-on on my free time, which is very little.

From,

Adam

More power to you then! =)

I'm getting an error that says "Um, ya... Check again..."

Could this be due to me installing the ZEND version of SupportSuite?

No thats not it, I run the Zend version on my system. It doesn't matter what encoder you use. Its all database.

That error "Um, ya... Check again..." means that the Ticket ID and the ticket count do not match whats in the kayako database. Make sure that the URL you are using is correct and not modify.

Thanks,

Adam

• 2 weeks later...
Are you sure this works with 3.2?

I followed the straight forward instructions, but all I got was a blank page when I uploaded to templates and module

Hey,

I have not tested this out my self, but it still should work as I do not believe smarty has changed.

I'll run a few test and report back in the next few days...

From,

Adam

Yup,

Same here. I tried on a fresh install and works great.

Anyway to create a link to login the user and drop them at the "submit ticket" page in kayako? Just like the "reply" feature, but don't leave them at the department choices?

• 1 month later...
Yup,

Same here. I tried on a fresh install and works great.

Anyway to create a link to login the user and drop them at the "submit ticket" page in kayako? Just like the "reply" feature, but don't leave them at the department choices?

Excellent work done.....It works with Kayako 3.11 as well :)

And yeah I'm also looking for the same option. Would be grateful if someone could assist in the direction Chrisw asked.

Hey,

Sorry for not replying sooner.

You will need some programing knowledge to do this.

Everything is located in the i.php file in your Kayako installation.

In a nut shell.

In the WHMCS client area, in the link that logs them into Kayako, at the end of the url, I have added &reply=yes . In the i.php file, if reply = no it will take them to view the ticket and not reply to it. If it is yes or anything else it will take them to reply to the ticket.

So what you can do, is add your own if else statement and just point them to where ever in Kayako you want them to view.

I hope that is clear. If not send me a PM and I can set this up for you (small fee).

Thanks,

Adam