Custom Report Showing Income per Product/Category

sparxdes

Hi all,

I also would like pointers on creating a custom report which shows income per product/category. This needs to show what has actually come INTO our bank account, so what has been marked as paid.

This needs to be sorted by month, and also needs the ability to show Add Ons, Hosting, Domain Names, and our other Product Categories and even Products themselves if possible.

Your advice on such a report would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sheldon

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all,

I also would like pointers on creating a custom report which shows income per product/category. This needs to show what has actually come INTO our bank account, so what has been marked as paid.

This needs to be sorted by month, and also needs the ability to show Add Ons, Hosting, Domain Names, and our other Product Categories and even Products themselves if possible.

Your advice on such a report would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sheldon

I'm specially interested in the "Hosting Income" out of the "Total income".

I think this report is a must to understand what is the most valuable product (or category) you sell.

already sent a request to the dev team... :)

but I think the problem is, that the invoices in WH are not really connected to a product. so if you have an invoice with: 1 domain + 1 hosting + 1 SSL, WH won't know how to separate that invoice into 3 pieces.

[other reports in the system, just look at the orders to see that a purchase of a hosting package was made, but renewals are order-less]

but I think the problem is, that the invoices in WH are not really connected to a product. so if you have an invoice with: 1 domain + 1 hosting + 1 SSL, WH won't know how to separate that invoice into 3 pieces

Invoice Items (lines) are related to domains and hosting ... so yes, you can separate them if you wish.

I'm specially interested in the "Hosting Income" out of the "Total income".

I think this report is a must to understand what is the most valuable product (or category) you sell.

already sent a request to the dev team... :)

but I think the problem is, that the invoices in WH are not really connected to a product. so if you have an invoice with: 1 domain + 1 hosting + 1 SSL, WH won't know how to separate that invoice into 3 pieces.

[other reports in the system, just look at the orders to see that a purchase of a hosting package was made, but renewals are order-less]

Yes, I have somebody developing this for us at the moment, but there is a problem with things if they aren't an invoice generated by an order, then it won't show in the report, it will just get put into the Additional Work category or something. That's how we have it set up.

It's just a shame, that when you mark accepted a qupte, it generates an invoice but doesn't generate an order which means it won't come up in our income by product report either!

Thanks

Sheldon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...