ccavenue payment gateway

mailpk

Question

hi,

sorry about using an OLD thread, but Why do you still ignore "CCAVENUE" option.

many other billings systems now support ccavenue but their system is not as much powerful as WHMCS, please save the small merchants from India, iam sure majority of people from india still prefer CCAvenue.

thanks,

gpk

dear matt, please include this if possible, pleaseeeeeee or have someone do it for we the Indians.

ccavenue can generate the payment invoice and process when just 2 values are sent to them, i.e. amount, and unique order id.

and when they are submited to

<form action="https://ccavenue.com/shopzone/cc_details.jsp" method="post" name="orderform" >

(removed www from url as i don't have 15 posts here)

as whmcs already has the unique invoice number, and amount is already present i don't know why this gateway is kept away :!:

Hi There,

I'm Sriram from India, count me in too for ccavenue

Regards,

Sriram

Hi There,

I'm Sriram from India. I've been using CE for a couple of years now and i'm planning to switch to something better. I'm not so satisfied with the features offered by CE.

I've been considering WHMCS for sometime now.

My major requirement is ofcourse the ability to create hosting accounts and apart from that the Domain registration integration with Reseller Club and ability to accept payments from paypal and ccavenue.

I somehow like the end user interface and the ability to customize the templates in WHMCS.

But i do require CCAVENUE integration only because most of the users in india donot have creditcards and those who do have are afraid to use it online because of the credit card fraud cases that has been hyped so much by the Indian media that users are of the impression that if they shop online, then their creditcard will surely be misused.

As CCAVENUE (India) has the ability to accept Netbanking payments, users are happy to pay through netbanking.

I've been watching this thread since few months and there seems to be no activity on this.

Is it like not many hosting providers are using this payment gateway..? But i see most the Indian Hosting providers do use this gateway.

I've heard a lot about Matt that he listen's to the clients and customer friendly and stuff.. But this thread contradicts the same.

I understand that he is a Very Very busy person, but a single line update saying whether WHMCS is considering to add this gateway or not would have been much appreciated.

I'm getting a gut feeling that this payment gateway is being ignored (ofcourse reasons unknown).

I'm planning to decide on the new gateway by 1st week of Dec 2007 as i've plans of providing a improved and new billing system for my clients for this New Year.

So atleast any advise on how to integrate the gateway on our own would be very helpful for me to decide on which Webhost billing system to go with.

Regards,

Sriram

• WHMCS CEO

The simple answer is 3 or 4 people is not enough demand to warrant me spending time implementing it. However, if someone sends me the code used to submit a payment request to CCAvenue with placeholders for the amount and invoice ID to be filled into then it can be added.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your early reply. I Understand that the number of people requesting are less. But i presume many are just going to AWBS only because of this. They are just not contacting you requesting for it.

If you make a search on google with indian hosting companies.. it seems like many are using awbs with ccavenue.

Anyway...

Link for Integration Index Page

http://w w w.ccavenue.c o m/content/demos.jsp#2

Here is the link for integration for Variable Payment

http://w w w.ccavenue.c o m/demo_ccav/integrate2.htm

There is also a manual for the same at the end of the page.

Went through it, seems simple but i don't have much knowledge of PHP so i don think i'll be able to do it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sriram

I know atleast 10 people who'd been waiting for this i.e. integration with CCAVENUE, in India CCAVENUE is one of the mostly used gateway and adding them up opens up the doors for WHMCS to a whole new community of Indian Hosting Co's.

Matt...if you can implement EBS http://www.ebs.in & CCAVENUE (http://www.ccavenue.com)..I can safely assume you'll be selling 100's of licenses to the thousands of Hosting Co's which exist in India.

I'm sure you're listening...I know for sure adding them up is not a huge task for you :)

Hi Joev..

EBS is fairly new and i don't think many have integrated that due to the upfront cost of Rs 20,000. But i'm sure many are waiting for CCAVENUE to be integrated.

You can check the views of this thread.. Its around 1400+.

If we take that atleast 10% of the views are genuine and who are looking for CCAVENUE and WHNCS integration, then its a great number.

What do you think guys..?

Regards,

Sriram

Hi Matt,

Checked th announcements just now.

Kayako has been integrated with WHMCS. Thank you very much.

Thatz a wonderful news and also you have mentioned that WHMCS V3.5 will be released in early Dec 2007.

Do we have any hopes of seeing CCAVENUE as a gateway in V 3.5..?

;-)

Regards,

Sriram

Yes Joev..

But initial setup fees seems to be way to high.. 20,000 bugs..

And btw how does it matter if it is Full Merchant account or sub merchant account.

Any major difference..?

Regards,

Sriram

Their's a lot of difference...try googling to find out more on this, Since I'd not like to hijack this thread hence would not discuss the pros & cons of both providers, I guess we should stick to the topic of this thread only :)

Why don't you request custom development for the gateway and WHMCS does custom development work at very reasonable price?

Yes they do...but this path should be chosen when the request is for something for which demand is very less, CCAVENUE is a popular gateway and even CE & AWBS provides its integration hence the best route is to go for feature request. Adding CCAVENUE will bring revenues for WHMCS as well hence I do not see any reason why it should be requested as a custom development work.

Yes they do...but this path should be chosen when the request is for something for which demand is very less, CCAVENUE is a popular gateway and even CE & AWBS provides its integration hence the best route is to go for feature request. Adding CCAVENUE will bring revenues for WHMCS as well hence I do not see any reason why it should be requested as a custom development work.

And also, once we pay for the Custom Development and get the mod done.. it will surely be added into WHMCS. Isn't it..? coz as it is readily coded.

Others get it as package with WHMCS...

How are we compensated for that..?

Usually i feel custom mod will be developed if there is something extra required for your site or etc.

Regards,

Sriram

And also, once we pay for the Custom Development and get the mod done.. it will surely be added into WHMCS. Isn't it..? coz as it is readily coded.

Others get it as package with WHMCS...

How are we compensated for that..?

Usually i feel custom mod will be developed if there is something extra required for your site or etc.

Regards,

Sriram

Paying for development will compensate you by getting it before it would normally be released if it is something that is of use to several others. You would also get it before it is included in an update.

If there isn't much demand for the module, you get the code and you choose what to do with it...At least that is what has been stated before.

Paying for development will compensate you by getting it before it would normally be released if it is something that is of use to several others. You would also get it before it is included in an update.

If there isn't much demand for the module, you get the code and you choose what to do with it...At least that is what has been stated before.

100 % Correct :)

Besides I remember that their are two models Matt offers, one is the custom development for which the charge is little high but that's purely for the person who requests it and is not released for public, the other model is that they develop it for you but include it in their next release, obviously the price here is low as compared to the former model.

• WHMCS CEO

If everything goes well with the implementation and there aren't any major problems, I should be able to get this implemented for the next release. Then we'll see if iPH - Sriram is correct about lots of people wanting to use it! :)

Matt

hii matt

Excellent news ...

when i asked about this in April this year there were not many other takers in here but i see the demand is increasing ...

i have got a clientexec owned license and whmcs leased from the hosting company i use,but i have not been switching over to whmcs for last 8 months in hope to get ccavenue integrated first and then move to it, as the clientexec already has it

well even i got the gut feeling like others in this thread that there will be many more ppl wanting to use ccavenue with WHMCS....

thanks matt