WHMCS Module for WHMCS registration

Eduardo G.

Yes, that's it.

I'm trying to see if a custom registrar module can be made so that domain orders made in a whmcs installation can create a new order via API in a second whmcs.

This way, domain ordered would be shown in both whmcs, provider and reseller.

Sounds like a good idea for me,what do you think?

you do not need a custom registrar module.

all those rules could be defined in a hook. perfect fits the hook "AfterModuleCreate" or "AfterRegistrarRegistration".

Thanks for answering ;-)

"AfterModuleCreate" hook won't run (I think) if I register a domain.

And "AfterRegistrarRegistration" hook will run after registar registration, so I still need a registrar

My goal is to make that order active in two different whmcs so order must be completed correctly in first whmcs t oget reflected, so I will need a working dummy registrar module on it.

Got the idea?

That's it!

And yesterday I made it :-)

Ït can only register and transfer domains, and this way, my reseller clients will be able to host their own whmcs, so that final clients can register domains themselves:

End user => My reseller's whmcs => my own "central" whmcs => enom/tucows/whatever

Later I will work in a custom admin module that can process domain registration requests from 3rd party apps, so that domain search and registration from our client's websites will be easier.

That will be a cute piece of code :-)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I started coding a module that does this a while back. However, there are a number of issues that will hinder making it work 100%. I got about 90% complete and had to abandon the project due to some inherent issues.

However, keep your eyes peeled, *maybe* WHMCS will be releasing a module soon that does this. :)

Hi, guys.

The module was quite unsecure. Well, not the module itself, but the need of an API wey owned by a cusomer of us. With that API key a cosumer could do whatever he wanted to, so that's not the right way for this module to work, that's the reason I didn't release it.

Maybe someday I have full free time so I can create a client-server addon, so that you install it in your whmcs and it will receive orders from the client addon using the server addon, not the API directly.

Who is needing more clues? :-)

Hi, guys.

The module was quite unsecure. Well, not the module itself, but the need of an API wey owned by a cusomer of us. With that API key a cosumer could do whatever he wanted to, so that's not the right way for this module to work, that's the reason I didn't release it.

Maybe someday I have full free time so I can create a client-server addon, so that you install it in your whmcs and it will receive orders from the client addon using the server addon, not the API directly.

Hmmmmmm......what do you mean "who is needing more clues" lol should I be looking through your posts looking for a client server addon? :P

Hi, guys.

The module I wrote actually had its own "API" that lived on the resellers WHMCS install. His clients (domain resellers) would install the client portion of the module, which worked much like a regular registrar module, and would pass requests to the API script on the resellers WHMCS. They would use their own client credentials for connecting to it.

It was quite secure, but there are other issues which made the module less than optimal.

The module I wrote actually had its own "API" that lived on the resellers WHMCS install. His clients (domain resellers) would install the client portion of the module, which worked much like a regular registrar module, and would pass requests to the API script on the resellers WHMCS. They would use their own client credentials for connecting to it.

It was quite secure, but there are other issues which made the module less than optimal.

Sounds like what I'm looking for, what sort of other issues? Do you still have a copy of the modules?

Sounds like what I'm looking for, what sort of other issues? Do you still have a copy of the modules?

For starters, the AddOrder API method doesnt return an error if a domain registration failed, so theres no way to pass that back to the "client" WHMCS installation at order time.

Like I said, I got about 90% of it coded, and had to abort because I couldnt pass domain registration errors back to the client WHMCS install at order time, which made orders go through fine on the client, but fail on the reseller side.

There might be a way around it, but quite frankly I had so much time into it, it was just not worth it anymore to continue on.

There was also some things that needed to be done in order to fully support various registrars on the reseller side. It was built with one specific registrar in mind, and will likely work for others, but theres a possibility you will need to tweak it a bit to get it to work.

I'd be happy to sell the code if someone wants to continue the project. Make an offer on it, Everything is there, just a few bugs here and there that need to be cleaned up. Just be warned, I do not plan on supporting the code. I'd be happy to answer questions on what certain things do, and how it all works, thats not a problem.