WHM For My cPanel Resellers

GeorgeAppiah

I recently started using WHMCS for my small local-focused hosting operation, and I'm considering getting same for my resellers (who are driving most of the sales). Except I'm kind of hazy on how to go about this:

=> Does each reseller need a full-blown WHMCS licence at $15.95? Or is there a "reseller account" feature in WHMCS... similar to cPanel's own? Each reseller needs independent branding, by the way.

=> If I need to purchase full license for each reseller, is there a discount program in place? How are other hosts are able to offer $15.95 licences for free on top of a $24.95 reseller package?

Thanks.

==

George

• 4 weeks later...
If each reseller owns his own whmcs, how do you manage all domains registered by them?

I can't see how to keep informated on what all my resellers have ordered (domains, hostings and SSLs)

Did you get this working?

cpanel/WHM allows you to manage your clients domains/accounts and allows yopu to see and monitor whatever account your resellers set up and host.

Your own WHMCS will allow you to mange the billing and client mamangement side of your own clients along with a view of all domain they register through the registrar account you have set up as long as this is integrated with WHMCS.

You will not have any access of anything that is on your own resellers WHMCS unless your resellers give you access to their WHMCS admin area

• 4 months later...
Then how do I manage the billing for overage diskusage/bandwidth limit?

Each reseller has a limited number of domains/diskspace/bandwidth depending on their reseller account.

I would like to be able to invoice them for overage usage.

when you set up a product if you go to the OTHER tab and scroll down you will see an area to enable Overages Billing

enable this and set the limites and charges per MB overage and then at the end of each month if a client has gone over the usage they will autommatically be invoiced for the overage amount

Hi,

I know it works that way for domains/hosting accounts, but does it work for reseller accounts as well?

Have to see this working yet. The reseller gets charged for his own domain but as far as I can see he does not get charged for the extra traffic generated by the domains/hosting accounts he has under his control

If we create a reseller he gets a limited amount of diskspace and traffic.

We/they only register their customer domainnames in WHMCS for which we send the reseller an invoice. The reseller do not register their customer hosting accounts as product/service within WHMCS as they charge their customers themselves, both for the domain registration and hosting account.

We would like to be able to invoice the reseller if:

a) the total diskspace consumed bij his hosting accounts/domains exceeds the set limit

b) the total traffic generated by his hosting accounts/domains exceeds the set limit

Currently WHMCS only tracks traffic and diskspace by hosting account and not per domain, which might make it impossible to invoice from within WHMCS

Edited by dutchnet

Hi,

I know it works that way for domains/hosting accounts, but does it work for reseller accounts as well?

Have to see this working yet. The reseller gets charged for his own domain but as far as I can see he does not get charged for the extra traffic generated by the domains/hosting accounts he has under his control

No you have it wrong. the overage charges are for the Account and not domain. you cannot charge a reseller clients as these are not your clients.

if you give a reseller a plan of 10GB space and 30GB bandwidth. this is all the reseller has to play with ans allocate to his own clients. so the charges would apply if he goes over these settings

I agree, I was just editing my post when you replied ;)

However up until now I have not seen any invoice generated by WHMCS for the overages, generate these invoices ourselves which should not be neccessary I believe :)

it will generate them if an account is over its limits as it does for us

Would love to see this :)

we have several resellers going over their limits each month and until now we have to generate the invoices manually :(

The reseller products within WHMCS are set to enable overage billing with softlimits and costs set.

Maybe has something to do with Plesk in combination with WHMCS

Would love to see this :)

we have several resellers going over their limits each month and until now we have to generate the invoices manually :(

The reseller products within WHMCS are set to enable overage billing with softlimits and costs set.

Maybe has something to do with Plesk in combination with WHMCS

dont know about plesk, as i have cPanel and DA servers and overage emails are generated at the end of each month, which is a shock to some users.

unfortunately we cannot move all accounts from Plesk to cPanel, Would love to do just that and forget Plesk all together, but we do not dare risk loosing data during the move.

I will post a support request to Matt to see if he can help me with these invoices.

unfortunately we cannot move all accounts from Plesk to cPanel, Would love to do just that and forget Plesk all together, but we do not dare risk loosing data during the move.

I will post a support request to Matt to see if he can help me with these invoices.

this may help

http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/plesk-cpanel-migration-157105.html