UnblockMe (CSF/cPanel Unblocker) Addon

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should look exactly like the picture if you're using the default whmcs stylesheet and copy/paste the code from the README.txt (don't forget to add the language entries)

That be my issue then :D

I am not using the default, rather the "Portal", in a custom skin. I will work on it and see how I can progress with it, no wonder it looked off!

Thsi is slightly off-topic, but regarding some posts that I've seen within this thread relating to encoding...

To date I have not found a single tool that could successfully decode the latest version of ionCube encoded projects. Most of the working tools are for grossly outdated copies of encoded files. (i.e. seZenders only works on Zend Guard 3 and older, but their latest version is 5.x.x which is several years newer than what the tools are intended on cracking).

When a file is encoded with ionCube the source is compiled to a new language and the original source is gone entirely. The new language is bytecode, which is just a stream of binary data and low level instructions. These are then encoded by the Encoder to change the form of the bytecode.

With regards to security in general and benefits of encoding, licensing is probably one of the biggest wins and most important features. Before we consider that though, it's important to consider what are the benefits of encoding, which surprisingly, in most cases isn't to stop hackers. Go to any warez site and you'll find hacked copies of many windows programs, either with licensing knocked out, key generators or software emulators for hardware dongles. The situation might seem gloomy, hopeless even, but despite this, the providers of the products actually flourish and don't go out of business because for various reasons, most people who are genuinely prepared to purchase won't suddenly become criminals and go searching for stolen code just because they could. The people who do use stolen code typically have no intention to purchase, hence looking for illegal code in the first place, or it's simply their hobby to mindlessly tinker with stolen applications because they've nothing better to do with their life, and the warez forums are essentially their social networks. Either way, there's no lost sale, and ironically, a sale could eventually result that would not have done so otherwise from someone becoming locked into an application and later going for a paid and supported newer version. Recognising this is why some providers actually release earlier versions of their applications for free themselves.

The big win tends to come from ensuring that the genuine potential purchasers have a reason to pay. Providing evaluations in encoded rather than source form is an obvious example, and licensing is another, with a typical licensing method for web applications being per-domain based. It's not being uncommon for users to operate multiple domains, and a potential problem is that after a user has purchased an initial license, if they later try the scripts on a second domain and find that they work, they may not realise that they are supposed to pay for a second license, or they may think that it doesn't apply to them for some reason because the files just work; either way, there is no additional sale when there should be, and a significant loss of revenue. Licensing ensures that the files won't automatically work on a different domain, and makes it likely that the user will purchase an extra license provided that the cost is reasonable and there is sufficient perceived benefit to the user. In essence, it keeps the honest people honest.

So I'd definitely recommend both encoding and licensing of some form.

__EDIT__

laszlof, sorry; I only just saw your post asking to end the debate.

Edited by GGWH-James

That’s too bad. I have setup the add on in a dev environment and it is easy to use and works well. Unfortunately without some sort of logging to prevent abuse I’m hesitant to move it into production. From my point of view if someone can clear the blocks an unlimited number of times without any tracking I’m defeating the purpose of running CSF.

Other than that point it is a great add on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, and congrats for this module, seems to be a great help (I get many emails about ips getting blocked), does the script automatically inputs the IP address of the user (recorded by logging in) or does the user need to input it. I'm asking this b/c I get more emails from resellers that need to have their client's IP address unblock, if your script does this well... I'm getting it!... btw, I have 2 servers, do I need to purchase two? or one per whmcs license.

Ok. do you need root access on the server that the script will be on?

For exampe currently i host our main site offsite giving the client if "ever" their site is down ours isnt and their is still a form so we can communicate.

I understand that i need root to the server that im trying to get the ip unblocked from thats not an issue but the main question is do i need root on the server that is hosting whmcs, currently i have jailed ssh for that site.

Please advise.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, I did not configure any access hash. Where do I do that?

I just did this 3 steps that are mention in the readme file

1) Copy all files into your whmcs installation directory

2) Add the following code somewhere within your sites "clientareaproductdetails.tpl" file.

<!-- BEGIN UNBLOCKME TEMPLATE CODE -->

<div align="center">

{if $unblockme_isactive}

{$unblockme_header}

<br />

<table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="frame">

<tr class="clientareatableheading">

<td colspan="2" align="center">

<strong>Receiving a firewall error when accessing your website? Use the form below.</strong>

</td>

</tr>

<tr class="clientareatablesuspended">

<td align="center"><strong>Unblock You</strong></td>

<td align="center"><strong>Unblock Them</strong></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center" valign="top">

<form>

Your IP Address<br />

<input type="text" size="25" name="{$unblockme_myip_name}" value="{$unblockme_clientip}" style="text-align: center;" readonly /><br />

<input type="button" id="{$unblockme_unblockme_btn}" value="Unblock" class="button" />

</form>

</td>

<td align="center" valign="top">

<form>

Their IP Address<br/>

<input type="text" size="25" name="{$unblockme_theirip_name}" style="text-align: center;" /><br />

<input type="button" id="{$unblockme_unblockthem_btn}" value="Unblock" class="button" />

</form>

</td>

</tr>

<tr><td colspan="2" align="center"><div class="errorbox" id="{$unblockme_resultsdiv}"></div></td></tr>

</table>

{/if}

</div>

<!-- END UNBLOCKME TEMPLATE CODE -->

3) Add the following language entries to lang/English.txt

$_LANG["unblockme_invalidip"] = "Invalid IP address";

$_LANG["unblockme_notblocked"] = "IP address does not exist on the servers block list";

$_LANG["unblockme_unblocked"] = "IP address has been removed from the servers block list";

(These can/should be translated to the languages your clients use)