Admin page now blank

complete

I'm currently trying out WHMCS on my 2 week trial. Everything was going great, until last night, I went into the administrator profile, and checked the box that indicated that I wanted to receive Emails when new tickets are created. Then... BOOM!

After clicking Save, the screen went all weird. I could see the data but all of the WHMCS UI around the fields were gone.

So I closed my browser, cleared cache/cookies, and tried to logon. After putting in the creds, I get just a blank page.

However, if I go to the non-Admin area, everything is working fine.

I tried the show error message thing in configuration.php but when I do I get an error stating that that line is invalid in the configuration.php file.

I'm thinking that maybe something corrupted the administrator account.

Is there a way to recover from this? I really don't want to have to reinstall and this isn't boding well for trying out this product... it was looking really good until this...

• WHMCS Support Manager
I tried the show error message thing in configuration.php but when I do I get an error stating that that line is invalid in the configuration.php file.
This suggests you didn't add the line to your configuration file correctly.

For example it should be like (obviously yours will contain values between the quotation marks)

<?php

$license="";

$db_host = "localhost";

$db_username = "";

$db_password = "";

$db_name = "";

$cc_encryption_hash = "";

$templates_compiledir = "templates_c/";

$display_errors = true;

?>

So, I ended up trying this again, and got the same error. However, I thought about it, and realized that I have the extra entries for the downloads, attachments, and admin folder changes. So I put the display_errors item right after the templates_compiledir, and I got a different result. It would seem to be that it shouldn't matter what order... but now I'm getting:

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "/header.tpl" in /home/complete/public_html/clients/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1093

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "/homepage.tpl" in /home/complete/public_html/clients/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1093

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "/footer.tpl" in /home/complete/public_html/clients/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1093

So I looked at line 1093 in the smarty.class.php file, but it's just the code that throws the error. I cannot tell where the error is being generated.

Bret

• WHMCS Support Manager

You only need those extra lines if you've moved those directories outside the whmcs main directory. The error you're seeing new suggests that either your templates_c directory doesn't exist or isn't CHMOD 777. Or possibly that the /admin/templates/ directory is missing.

I followed the installation guides recommendation and moved the 3 directories out of public_html, and added the lines to the configuration.php. In addition, I renamed the "admin" folder to something else, and added that line.

Regardless, I have verified that the 3 directories are 777, and that the /<admin>/templates directory is there. I even tried renaming it back to "admin" and removing the line from the configuration and it didn't help.

Just an update to this.

I attempted to fix the problem by re-unzipping WHMCS into a new folder tree, then making just the mods to the configuration.php file that were needed for key and DB. Still no go.

I couldn't fix the problem until I deleted the DB and re-created it and then reinstalled WHMCS. I'm hoping I don't hit this again as the product comes highly recommended but I need a stable product.