live chat addon presale questions

jnet

Question

1. a visitor chats with us online then he decides to become our client

after he registers is it possible to add all chats to his new account?

the same way you add client id to tickets?

2. is there a search function within whmcs to search for chats?

3. will there be a powered by ... link in the chat room?

I am using a whmcs no brand and I prefer to have no brand there

4. will it work with https?

thanks

Just installed it and customised it for the most part. It seems rather good, with a couple of minor bugs seemingly due to the WHMCS modifications. If somebody from WHMCS wants to give me a quick call, I'd be happy to talk them through it (443333408855, ext. 200)

I also have a minor problem which is that whilst the integration seems to recognise clients, chat logs do not seem to be getting saved to the tickets of the respective client.

I also have a minor problem which is that whilst the integration seems to recognise clients, chat logs do not seem to be getting saved to the tickets of the respective client.

This seems to be a bit hit and miss here, ive seen some logs get entered but others are no where to be seen.

I guess there will be branding from Stardevelop like their "regular" product. Can you confirm this? If this is true; is it possible to debrand it?

I've updated my original posts with the answers to 1 and 2.

It will contain the stardevelop branding, although I believe you can contact them directly to remove it.

watch free movies online

It will contain the stardevelop branding, although I believe you can contact them directly to remove it.

I actually just did earlier, as long as you use your own custom images, you are not required to use the branding on their images. That said, the copyright line in the chat window requires a fee to remove.

A very expensive fee - $250!

You're right, it's VERY expensive. I just came off Live Chat with Star Develop and I swore when she told me the price. I mean come on, $249 just for branding removal? What the hell. WHMCS charges just $5.00 for branding removal per month, and this is the price Star Develop should be charging, or about. They obviously have no monthly billing option for it, which is silly. Who on earth would pay $249 just for branding removal?! Whoever does must be smoking something. It costs them nothing for people to purchase branding removal. Well it's their problem mostly, because they'd never get many people signing up for that.

I've been using StarDevelop LiveHelp Messenger since 2007 and they have grew and their product is very good and I've the Developer awhile ago to integrate with WHMCS since alot of ppls were asking for a Live Chat System and I guess someone got around to it.

We have an addon for existing StarDevelop licence holders at the reduced price of $25 one-time. Please open a ticket to request it.

As an existing Stardevelop user, would we have to re-install the software to the new WHMCS location?

Or is there a "special" module for us existing users?

Good news for those who were keen on getting the branding removal license on the StarDevelop Live Chat but did not want to pay the hefty price tag of $249. They are now looking into providing a monthly billing option (thanks to my request). No release date as yet, but I'll let you know when they release it.

As an existing Stardevelop user, would we have to re-install the software to the new WHMCS location?

Or is the $25 add-on a "special" module for us existing users that doesn't involve re-installation?

Any answer to this question please?

When you download the WHMCS addon its all the files from livehelp customised to function with whmcs.... you just delete the old LiveHelp from /livehelp/ and upload / install the one you get from WHMCS.

Edited by BAJI26

Matt, if you're around, please can you look into supporting Star Develop with the monthly billing option for copyright removal. They have asked me to say this in order to help speed it along. They are willing to have this done but cannot do this without your assistance.

If there's a moderator around, please give Matt a pinch and bring this to his attention. Thank you.

I purchased this product and did not like it. I don't want to login to a different url or have to re-setup admins that are already in WHMCS. I also did not like that the windows app would not minimize to the notification area.

I decided to use the free live chat from http://www.whmcsaddons.com/. It has almost all of the features above. No winapp though, but there is a cool addon to show your status when logged into the admin backend.

I purchased this product and did not like it. I don't want to login to a different url or have to re-setup admins that are already in WHMCS. I also did not like that the windows app would not minimize to the notification area.

Setting up logins takes 30 seconds. Windows app DOES minimize to notification area.

To be honest with you guys I tried this WHMCS Live chat addon and was very disappointed with it. I don't know why but I just never liked it.

I just purchased and installed it. Didn't realise it was just an integration for an already existing live chat product. Still, it does a good job at what it is supposed to do and I guess i'm happy with it.