Credit card payments to paypal

21Eighty

I have searched deeply and can not find an answer so I am posting, I hope I did not miss something that has answered this already.

I have the PayPal Gateway set up and I thought working correctly. I have been able to take new orders with WHMCS and all things worked correctly. When I have an invoice that was generated by the due date for a customer, it made the invoice and e-mailed it to the customer fine. When the due date arrived, it did not capture the credit card and get the payment. I tried attempt CC capture link on the home page of WHMCS with no luck. I listed and viewed the invoice and the attempt payment button is not active to click.

I noticed in my forum search that when the attempt CC capture link is clicked all the posts refer to the Credit Card Payments Attempted and then have additional info that is not on mine, ie: 0 captured, 0 failed. I get a yellow bar with an ! in a circle and the words "Credit Card Payments Attempted". Do I have something configured wrong or is it with PAyPal?

Sorry I'm not going to be much help, or maybe I'm way off base here, but I do remember something about PayPal and reoccurring payments (the word was subscriptions) not being able to process again after the initial first purchase. This as I remember was a PayPal rule or issue. Sorry I cant remember any more than that.

I would search the forum for "PayPal & CC purchases" and see what pop's.

• WHMCS Support Manager

If you're just using the standard "PayPal" gateway then no credit card numbers are stored and your client will need to pay the invoice each month. As rdavis mentioned, you can use PayPal subscriptions to achieve some kind of recurring billing with PayPal.

You need to register for and use the PayPal Website Payments Pro module if you want credit card numbers stored on your WHMCS and attempted automatically (also requires PCI Compliance).