GlobalSign SSL - anyone sign up?

Am i seeing the pricing right?? $249 a year for one cert? I see they are really trying to hype up SGC but I don't see the need for it. Who uses IE 5 or lower these days??

You're probably looking at their retail price for OrganizationSSL - that's not the pricing you'll get as a reseller.

• 2 weeks later...

This was totally a complete waste of time.. I received login info.. Username and password would not work.. I requested password change through the website.. Said I had to call them to get password reset.

I spent 3 days just trying to get into this website...

I told them to forget it and just cancel my account.. Way too much trouble!!! Stick with eNom :)

Wes

This was totally a complete waste of time.. I received login info.. Username and password would not work.. I requested password change through the website.. Said I had to call them to get password reset.

I spent 3 days just trying to get into this website...

I told them to forget it and just cancel my account.. Way too much trouble!!! Stick with eNom :)

Wes

You apparently did not give them your correct phone number. After registration, but before being able to log in, they will call you to complete the account set up. Until this is done you will not be able to log into the reseller area.

I set up my account with global sign today and everything went ok with that. The pricing was awesome. I talked to Jim Benoit and he got me set up quickly.

I set everything up in WHMCS and then got the white screen on step 2 when trying to order our first cert that was for one of our own sites. Whoever can edit the wiki for the setup of this PLEASE add the requirement to have SOAP compiled in with php.

After recompiling PHP, everything went ok with the order process from within WHMCS.

Then the problem starts. After completing the order in WHMCS no email was received at the approver email address that I set. I logged into the global sign site and looked around a while and then went to the history link and saw the order there. For some reason they flagged it because some filter of theirs said the site was a phishing site.

I am glad that they have filters like this but if its going to be throwing false positives on one of our own sites that currently has an EV cert from Comodo on it then whats going to happen when we are trying to sell to the general public?? No email was sent to us or the approver email alerting us of this problem. That means that if this was a customer of ours they would be just sitting there waiting for a email to come that never will and unless the reseller logs into the partner site and looks up the status then they will not have a clue either.

I sent a support ticket in several hours ago telling them that I need to get this issued ASAP as the current cert is expiring but got no response. So now we ended up having to head over to Go Daddy to get one real quick - no problem with them issuing one BTW.

For now I would NOT recommend GlobalSign to anyone here. Unfortunately we are stuck with them for now since we laid done a chunk of cash to get the special pricing. If anything changes I will post back here.

I have signed up for their reseller system twice, sent emails to Chris in the above post and attempted to contact this company a few times now. No response what so ever from anyone at all.

Given that they cant seem to reply to emails I will be staying well away from this mob

Regards

Dave

I have signed up for their reseller system twice, sent emails to Chris in the above post and attempted to contact this company a few times now. No response what so ever from anyone at all.

Given that they cant seem to reply to emails I will be staying well away from this mob

Regards

Dave

After today, I am changing my stance to more neutral with respect to if I would recommend them. The salesperson Jim called me twice to reach me today and sent emails about the problems I had. He seems very eager to make sure that his clients are taken care of. They even gave me credit on my account for future certs. If anyone wants to email him directly its jim.benoit@globalsign.com.

They do still have a problem where if issuing a cert is delayed there is no notification sent out to either the buyer or seller letting them know. I pointed this out to Jim and I hope that they will change this.

He did send me the link http://www.globalsign.com/chkdomain/input.html where a domain can be checked. Of course this doesn't help much during the order process so I am working on an action hook that will post to the script at the link above and if there is a problem then popup a notification to the buyer. I will release it to the community if I can get it to work right.

Yeah.. We had the module a few months ago as we paid for/towards the module.

It's a few extra lines of code, so I am sure Matt could easily add it and email the user and record that has been done in a custom field.

We store the SSL on our systems so we can email the user directly when the SSL is ready and they can also re-issue it via their client area.

4995f01ca5f5db0a0a1b72696099a800.png

Apart from that. We've been using GlobalSign for nearly 2 years and have had very few issues with them. Their API is quite stable and pricing is very competitive once you have the volume :)

Matt

Edited by XN-Matt