Install of Trial Version not working

keefrichards

Question

Well I read all the notes and followed the procedure step by stem for installing the trial version and it all seemed to work fine but I'm not sure what page I have to navigate to now to configure the system. When I navigate to the directory: http://www.mydomain.com/whmcs/admin I just get a blank page.

Any Ideas on this?

Cheers,

:oops:

10 answers to this question

Well I read all the notes and followed the procedure step by stem for installing the trial version and it all seemed to work fine but I'm not sure what page I have to navigate to now to configure the system. When I navigate to the directory: http://www.mydomain.com/whmcs/admin I just get a blank page.

Any Ideas on this?

Cheers,

:oops:

Can't seem to find the edit toggle so I'm just going to reply to my original post. I ripped the first install out and did another one. It was a bit rough but I've at least got something to work with.

I am having the exact same problem and it would turn out that looking into the database the tables have been created but no default data:?

Even though I supplied admin details this account has not been created, so i added one creating an MD5 password but upon logging in I just get a blank admin page...... any ideas anyone?

OK as far as skinning the client side goes this has been done as can bee seen here : https://www.opsoftware.net/customers/supporttickets.php

These all work apart from the admin area which after logging in is just blank, i need to get this working otherwise I am going to have to look elsewhere.

I have reinstalled the trial 3 times now and don't really want to do that again.

Regards,

Ozzie

Looks like I have it working, due to the fact that the default data was not being installed into the DB at point of install I had to create an admin account via mysql command line and simply entered 1 for the template column.

After poking around I found the template folder in the admin folder and changed the 1 to v4 and bingo the pages loaded.

I think the installer for the trial needs looking into as it does not seem to populate the DB correctly and this took nearly 4 hours to resolve not forgetting you get no support while on trial.......

Regards,

Ozzie

Hi Laszlof,

No I did not open a ticket on account of this on the sign up form:

We offer a fully functional 15 day free trial to allow you to test WHMCS in your own hosting environment.

* Fully functional demo on your own server

* No Ticket Support but access to Forums & Documentation

* Simple Upgrade Process to Paid License (No need to reinstall)

Regards,

Ozzie

Edited by opsoftware
typo