WHMCS Live Help Addon

Not to be a dead head here but I doubt anyone will trust what you are selling. Stability is the most important thing when you offer code that you encode and sell.

I am currently working with HostaTree and HostGator and both appear to be satisfied... If hostatree can back me up on that, it would be great.

I'm rather disappointed that people don't trust my software now, because I was away on vacation, people think I ran off ... I didn't run off and those rumors are only rumors...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No I don't think you are following.

kodex.ca is neither expired or locked. The dns is completely missing so someone did that on purpose. Being consistent and using the same domain as before is what I would do first then get the addon working completely before you make a another mistake but releasing buggy code and charging for it.

And to be extra nice I would offer anyone who paid for it to get it free. That is what I would do.

Always beta test first before you start charging for it. I posted for beta testers who got the finished code for free for example.

Those clients who have Paid before, I'm sure if they were to contact us requesting this... I would be more than happy to provide it for free... That's not a problem.

They shouldn't have to request it. The idea is to keep your clients happy not guessing or asking to make good on a product you offered here.

I hope you are taking this as constructive criticism if you want people to trust you.

I don't want to be flooding my clients email, those who paid and still have time left in their billing period, obviously, they can upgrade.... Also I don't want to issue a bunch of licenses out if they aren't going to use it.... So that's mainly why I want them to request it.

I'm a still a bit confused as to why people don't trust the software, everybody knows that a new software has bugs, and also people can't be judging a software on the rumurs they hear about the coder.

You don't charge for beta software, ever.

You had a few complaints from people in this thread where they said if they knew it wasn't stable they would not had bought it.

http://forum.whmcs.com/showpost.php?p=144747&postcount=28

http://forum.whmcs.com/showpost.php?p=144977&postcount=29

Then you state in http://forum.whmcs.com/showpost.php?p=145089&postcount=31

In our defense, it's a new software so there will be bugs... I'm sure your all aware of this.

You don't do this and expect anyone to buy anything after they read the thread.

Beta means its NOT stable or ready for production and selling that type of code is simply bad business. You neglected to tell people this from the get go, you gave the impression it was stable.

You don't charge for beta software, ever.

You had a few complaints from people in this thread where they said if they knew it wasn't stable they would not had bought it.

http://forum.whmcs.com/showpost.php?p=144747&postcount=28

http://forum.whmcs.com/showpost.php?p=144977&postcount=29

Then you state in http://forum.whmcs.com/showpost.php?p=145089&postcount=31

You don't do this and expect anyone to buy anything after they read the thread.

Beta means its NOT stable or ready for production and selling that type of code is simply bad business. You neglected to tell people this from the get go, you gave the impression it was stable.

We provided a free trial with this software and then a choice to purchase the product. People should have bought the trial version first before purchasing. Next Time I release a module, or a new version, I will make sure I clearly state whether of not it's stable.

We provided a free trial with this software and then a choice to purchase the product. People should have

bought the trial version first before purchasing. Next Time I release a module, or a new version, I will make sure

I clearly state whether of not it's stable.

Wow...

Firstly should have, would have, could have. They didn't! People like to show support for other people if they value the product/idea. You should never assume, just because it's there that people are going to follow a specific process. What a horrid basis on why people are mad at you.

Secondly next time you release a module you are going to clearly state whether it is stable or not? It's quite simple. If it's not stable DON'T release.

I am currently working with HostaTree and HostGator and both appear to be satisfied... If hostatree can back

me up on that, it would be great.

I'm rather disappointed that people don't trust my software now, because I was away on vacation, people think I ran

off ... I didn't run off and those rumors are only rumors...

Did you seriously just break your client's privacy? In all technicalities you should not be using your clients name the way you are. You do not have permission unless they have sent you some sort of testimonial and given you permission. This should be covered by a basic privacy statement... do you even have one?

I would give you the benefit of the doubt when comes to switching sites. No problem. But to do it without warning or redirection just looks bad on you. Not to mention Kodex was down for at least a week before you came back and posted a website that does not even work. You cannot do anything on this new site.

A word of advice before switching make sure your new website works and that you redirect your website to the new one. DO NOT SIMPLY EVER SHUT IT DOWN! It makes you seem illegitimate. I could just imagine your customer’s licenses all expiring because the call home could not connect to your server.

I don't want to be flooding my clients email, those who paid and still have time left in their billing

period, obviously, they can upgrade.... Also I don't want to issue a bunch of licenses out if they aren't going to

use it.... So that's mainly why I want them to request it.

I'm a still a bit confused as to why people don't trust the software, everybody knows that a new software has bugs,

and also people can't be judging a software on the rumurs they hear about the coder.

You would not be flooding your clients email with one tiny message... It's not like your sending them spam and lots of it. Your informing them, this is what's happening and why. Customers love to be in the known and you should let them know.

Why do people not trust your software? Have you given them any reason to? NO!

Live support addons are notorious for being unstable and unsupportive. Look at how many people have attempted to create these modules? Most of them collapse under the pressure of developing a stable version. You proved this to be the case for your software as well.

You made a simple mistake. You released pre-maturely. Someone who is truly passionate about their code would never do that! If you truly had a passion for your code you would want to make it as stable as possible before you release. Where is the love?

Secondly do not just assume everybody knows that new software has bugs. Generally speaking every piece of software can have bugs even Microsoft. But it is your responsibility as the programmer to try and fix them. All of them!

Again where is the love? The passion?

Thirdly just by reading your posts, your customer relations is not something, I personally would love to deal with. It's really hard to see the love and the passion in your posts. It seems like your just selling the software for the sake of it.

Simply put you should love your work. Be passionate about it. Something worth doing, is worth doing right.

Edited by jeremyhaber

Jeremy,

Firstly I wanted to say, just because I said I was working with Hostatree and hostgator does not mean I'm releasing any client information... I think I'm allowed to say the company that is working with them. If they have a problem with me stating that I am working with them to fix any issues they may have, then they can come up to me, rather than you.

Secondly, It may appear that my customer relations here is a bit poor, because I have multiple people like yourselves saying the same thing over and over again, even though I continuously reply with the same thing. Denouncing this product on this forum which brings me to the third issue.

Thirdly, if people do not know already that new softwares are buggy, then they need to learn. It sounds harsh but unfortunately it's the truth. I do agree with you that I should not "release for sales" but "release for beta testing". I "released" it to the whmcs community because I wanted people to test it, because most people would have WHMCS installed.

Fourthly, I wouldn't allow people to download a product, or install it if I didn't think it wasn't stable. For those who I got to install it on their WHMCS says it works great (Version 3). It's the best it's ever been. I will see if they can post on this forum to back me up.

I do apologies that I was on vacation and I wasn't coding or doing anything with my site. So the switch was yes, sloppy.

If I didn't like, or love to code, I obviously wouldn't be making these softwares. I am attempting to create a software that, like you say, a lot of people attempted to make .

If I send an email to clients about this new version of live help. Then I send a tiny message afterwards, I think if it's a tiny message, it can wait until I have another email to send them.

Before the site went down, we had our new site up. We also sent emails out to people telling them to download the most recent version of live help so they their license does not expire. It was mostly Trial licenses that was expiring on that day anyway, we received no new orders because we closed sales on trial, and purchased licenses.

I know you have no interest in this software, because you've created your own. Instead of posting negative comments that people already said to me, in my thread, perhaps, you should be working on your product since you seem to be truly passionate over coding.

I do take constructive criticism, but people need to read the thread before posting....

Edited by Kodex

Software works well from what we see and I think with more releases/features this script have the potential to be one of the most used addons for WHMCS. People have been waiting a long time for an addon like this...

I would say its defiantly still in beta stages, but all features currently on it work fine. Keep and eye on this product, its going to get big. Too many people need an addon like this.

Hey Kodex;

I mean no disrespect at all. Do not get me wrong.

I know you have no interest in this software, because you've created your own. Instead of posting negative comments that people already said to me, in my thread, perhaps, you should be working on your product since you seem to be truly passionate over coding.

That was really uncalled for. You're absolutely wrong! I do have an interest in your software or I would not be here. It is always good to know your competitor. The fact that you don't tells me a lot about the way you do business.

To imply that I am un-passionate about my work just proves my earlier point of customer relations. Surely you would treat me like you would any other customer?

Secondly, It may appear that my customer relations here is a bit poor, because I have multiple people like yourselves saying the same thing over and over again, even though I continuously reply with the same thing. Denouncing this product on this forum which brings me to the third issue.

This is your time to shine. The real test of a company is how they deal with situations such as these. Rather than dealing with the situation accordingly you are simply giving one line answers adverting the problems the customers are trying to address.

Firstly I wanted to say, just because I said I was working with Hostatree and hostgator does not mean I'm releasing any client information... I think I'm allowed to say the company that is working with them. If they have a problem with me stating that I am working with them to fix any issues they may have, then they can come up to me, rather than you.

If you wish to use clients names saying that they are satisfied it is proper to reference the lines appropriately where they say that. Aka a testimonial. You just saying they are satisfied means nothing without additional proof. You change the meaning when you change the wording.

Thirdly, if people do not know already that new softwares are buggy, then they need to learn. It sounds harsh but unfortunately it's the truth. I do agree with you that I should not "release for sales" but "release for beta testing". I "released" it to the whmcs community because I wanted people to test it, because most people would have WHMCS installed.

Why should people, specifically your customers have to learn that? That should not be the harsh reality. Look at all these other addons that have come out on WHMCS without any problems? Why does yours specifically have 4 pages of trouble?

If you released it to the WHMCS because you wanted people to test it, then you specify that in your first post. Testing is something that should be offered for free. Your licenses should have been available for free and expired once the software was stable. Look at all these company's out there, Microsoft, Blizzard, to name a few, they all give out free public/private beta's of their software which will expire after it becomes stable.

Fourthly, I wouldn't allow people to download a product, or install it if I didn't think it wasn't stable. For those who I got to install it on their WHMCS says it works great (Version 3). It's the best it's ever been. I will see if they can post on this forum to back me up.

But you did. That is the problem. There is 4 pages of proof. Take a look….

I do apologies that I was on vacation and I wasn't coding or doing anything with my site. So the switch was yes, sloppy.

If I didn't like, or love to code, I obviously wouldn't be making these softwares. I am attempting to create a software that, like you say, a lot of people attempted to make this software.

If I send an email to clients about this new version of live help. Then I send a tiny message afterwards, I think if it's a tiny message, it can wait until I have another email to send them.

Before the site went down, we had our new site up. We also sent emails out to people telling them to download the most recent version of live help so they their license does not expire. It was mostly Trial licenses that was expiring on that day anyway, we received no new orders because we closed sales on trial, and purchased licenses.

Let me get this straight. You knew you were switching sites. You took down the old one. You put up a new one that does not work. You went on vacation?

Sounds wonderful! If you did not have time to complete the switch, why start? It should have waited till you came back.

You completely missed the point about your site going down. Here on the internet your site means everything. If you do not have one, you simply do not exist. This makes people believe you left them and are not coming back.

Given that a tiny little update is not worth an email. Let's take the example of WHMCS for a second here. WHMCS releases an update every time they have made significant progress rather than tiny bits here and there. Your software should be following the same guidelines so emails do not swamp your user's inbox.

Edited by jeremyhaber

Software works well from what we see and I think with more releases/features this script have the potential to be one of the most used addons for WHMCS. People have been waiting a long time for an addon like this...

I would say its defiantly still in beta stages, but all features currently on it work fine. Keep and eye on this product, its going to get big. Too many people need an addon like this.

What website is this running on?

http://www.hostatree.com?

They seem to be using Kayako...

Given that a tiny little update is not worth an email. Let's take the example of WHMCS for a second here. WHMCS releases an update every time they have made significant progress rather than tiny bits here and there. Your software should be following the same guidelines so emails do not swamp your user's inbox.

Jeremy,

I do apologies for my negative comments. It was inappropriate and should not have said anything to disrespect you. I understand what your saying but, I don't think you understand what I am saying.

The new site was setup. Then I emailed the clients telling them to re-download the latest live help software so the software doesn't lock out the user when it can't connect to Kodex. Then the old site went down. Then I went on vacation.

The only thing I didn't do was Park the old domain on the new site so all those users who didn't get the email will know that we changed sites.

The positive side is that the site is now up and running so we shouldn't get into a heated argument over this.

Rather than arguing, let's get along to get this software working properly.

I am getting tired of the promises of Kodex/Webbix. They told me they wouldnt refund my money even I could use the script that I paid for. They said they wold rewrite the script and I should be able to use it. But their site is off once again and feel I must complain at paypal about it. I want my money back. Too much time spent. I wish at least one of those script were from a serious company.

TJ and Kodex arent. Unfortunately I am going back to livezilla. It doesnt have a mac client but at least it works.

I am getting tired of the promises of Kodex/Webbix. They told me they wouldnt refund my money even I could use the script that I paid for. They said they wold rewrite the script and I should be able to use it. But their site is off once again and feel I must complain at paypal about it. I want my money back. Too much time spent. I wish at least one of those script were from a serious company.

TJ and Kodex arent. Unfortunately I am going back to livezilla. It doesnt have a mac client but at least it works.

We did remake the script and sent everyone an email about it...

If you would like access to the billing area go to http://www.webbix.ca/secure/ I would like you to submit a ticket Tech.Girl so we can get your working. Also I will refund your money, but if I refund it... I would like you to install our software to see that we really did fix our problem and see it in action. (Without Paying)..

Contact us by submitting a ticket please.

We did remake the script and sent everyone an email about it...

If you would like access to the billing area go to http://www.webbix.ca/secure/ I would like you to submit a ticket Tech.Girl so we can get your working. Also I will refund your money, but if I refund it... I would like you to install our software to see that we really did fix our problem and see it in action. (Without Paying)..

Contact us by submitting a ticket please.

I tryed to submit a ticket. Your site was off. How can I trust at your company if your site is always moving to other hosting companies and your whmcs isnt up so I can send a ticket? I tryed to send an email also. I got an error:

======

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

support@webbix.ca

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 No Such User Here" (state 14).

======

Kodex you fail or refuse to understand. Excuses and sad stories is all that I read. How many years do you think most here people have been doing business on the interweb ? 1 week ?

Your domain switch explanation is joke. Anyone with experience with domains and dns will tell you that your claim is hogwash.

And to work for these people -- what a slap in the face. I would have fired you.

I am done with this thread. I thought this addon would be developed by a person who cared about it, I was wrong. So for me I have simply decided you are a fly-by-night * artist. I think you are going to need all the luck you can get to ever make a name here.

@tech.girl Just file a complaint with your credit card company or paypal and use the words - goods or services not delivered as expected - as the claim reason.

Edited by sgrayban
typo

Kodex you fail or refuse to understand. Excuses and sad stories is all that I read. How many years do you think most here people have been doing business on the interweb ? 1 week ?

Your domain switch explanation is joke. Anyone with experience with domains and dns will tell you that your claim is hogwash.

Your right! I'm not understanding what part exactly you think it bogus. I had two sites up at once because I got the host to do a transfer. I then got the domains switched. The DNS takes 24 hours to propagate. Someone like yourself who knows about domains and DNS should know that.

I tryed to submit a ticket. Your site was off. How can I trust at your company if your site is always moving to other hosting companies and your whmcs isnt up so I can send a ticket?

Did you go the link I gave you? It is up and always has been. And I'm 100% certain it will be up all the time.

I tried... got the muddled page as HostRW spoke of and going to the root of the site get:

Page Not Found

The page you requested could not be found. If you have come to this page through valid links, please contact administration.

Alternatively, you can search Webbix below using the search form. Just enter some terms and away you go!

All the nav links at top produce the same error.