Can you offer just Hosting without any Domains?

Anderson

I have been trying to set up just a Hosting account without any domain options and it sends out link info and such in the emails but when you click on go to Cpanel. It errors out.

When I look at the client, it shows a password but no user name in the hosting account and it always goes to pending.

No clue as to what I am doing wrong. Been over the documentation and the vids a bunch of times. Perhaps i am missing it or it is not possible.

Thanks!

If the links are broken, this suggests the IP address in Setup > Servers is incorrect.

If the account is pending, this suggests creation is failing, so check Utilities > activity Log for an error message.

Module Create Failed - Service ID: 14 - Error: Sorry, resellers are not permitted to create subdomains of the server's main domain

I checked and here is what I saw the most of...

Is this because they are not purchasing a domain name and therefore it is assigning them a sub.domain for cpanel?

Module Create Failed - Service ID: 14 - Error: Sorry, resellers are not permitted to create subdomains of the server's main domain

But in the server set up, if I click on the whm button it should take me to the login right? I am thinking I am missing something obvious here.... dang it.. :)

It's not possible to create an account in cPanel without a domain name, so you need to at least let customers use existing domains, even if you don't offer registration services.

Hi John,

So, they can't just do a DNS point then? You mean the domain already has to be on my server with WHMSC?

If so, then this means that you can really sell just hosting services. You have to include domain purchases. Or am I not understanding this correctly?

Thanks!

I got it fixed but not before I had GoDaddy do another install. You might want to talk to them about what they are doing there. They are not doing a secure install and leaving the 755 folders out in public html and you might want to tell them not do do installs in a WHMSC folder.

If someone gets hacked through this they might blame you guys.

Turned out the whole thing was a typo in the server set up that I only found because I figured out that the WHM button was erroring out. I did not see that button or what it is supposed to do in any of the documentation. Is it in there somewhere?

Also, is there an easy way to change what this button says and the text in the check button from the control panel or do I have to go find it. Also, is there an easy way to ad text above this explaining what is going on and what will happen.

Thanks.

Start.png

We don't have any control over how GoDaddy install our software, you'd need to raise that with them directly.

As for the customisations, they can be made to your language file, so for English you'd edit /lang/English.txt

Thanks!

OK, something else now.. jeeshe... I just switch the three folders out of public html.

Now this pops up when I go to order a product.

http://www.startonmonday.com/client/cart.php?a=add&pid=2

I added the 3 lines of code that it said in the config file and the Whmse control panel comes up. Any ideas on why this puppy is blank and just has your by line? Is it not finding the template?

Fatal error: Smarty error: the $compile_dir '/home/my21to21/templates_c/' does not exist, or is not a directory. in /home/my21to21/public_html/client/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1093

This is in the Control panel

Warning: opendir(../templates/orderforms/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/my21to21/public_html/client/junk/configgeneral.php on line 0

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/my21to21/public_html/client/junk/configgeneral.php on line 0

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/my21to21/public_html/client/junk/configgeneral.php on line 0

This is my Config file... just in case. Going to go try and hunt down a solution in the forums...

<?php

$license = "WebHost-c69f717d580bb76222eb";

$db_host = "localhost";

$db_username = "xxxxxxxxxxxx";

$db_password = "xxxxxxxxxxxx";

$db_name = "my21to21_whmcs";

$cc_encryption_hash = "5Pe1ViWOA825ikNXmGuknx4R5KyHcQ27w6ZhfMWFKPBTZeHcL2mYqhGlR4TUKLS6";

$customadminpath = "junk";

$templates_compiledir = "/home/my21to21/templates_c/";

$attachments_dir = "/home/my21to21/attachments/";

$downloads_dir = "/home/my21to21/downloads/";

$display_errors = true;

?>

I got that path figured out...

Now I am getting smarty errors like this. Getting closer. :)

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "default/header.tpl" in /home/my21to21/public_html/client/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1093

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "default/header.tpl" in /home/my21to21/public_html/client/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1093

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "orderforms//configureproductdomain.tpl" in /home/my21to21/public_html/client/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1093