The big red UNPAID on the initial invoice...

Cape Dave

For removing the UNPAID text from your invoice, just remove the following lines from your invoicepdf.tpl (line 116-118):

} elseif ($status=="Unpaid") {
$statustext = $_LANG["invoicesunpaid"];
   $pdf->SetTextColor(204,0,0);

If you only want to change the color, change the values (RGB) of the $pdf->SetTextColor(204,0,0); line.

The font size is defined in line 129 of the same file:

$pdf->SetFont('helvetica','B',40);

The 3th value is the font size, but this is also the font size for all other payment statuses (paid, cancelled, etc.)

is scaring my customers. Could someone point me in the direction of eliminating this, or changing the font color/size?

thanks much, Dave

This might be a silly question, but how can an unpaid invoice with the words unpaid scare your customers, it is simply an invoice telling your customers that the invoice is unpaid and needs paying.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue here but what i think would be better but let me explain my situation.

WHMCS allows you to use it for custom invoices that like in my case i email to my client and they pay via check. (website design, server maintenance etc)

It looks really insulting when you send the initial invoice and it says in red UNPAID ! I actually had a call from my client about this, he was not happy.

I would much rather it do this only when WHMCS generates an actual unpaid overdue invoice!

Having another Status that we can set to as the default when an invoice is created would work better. This status would not include any additional TEXT (like the UNPAID or maybe a "Thankyou!" ).

Since i believe the procedure above will completely eliminate the UNPAID ? and i do want to retain this function for online stuff like Hosting.

thanks

I would much rather it do this only when WHMCS generates an actual unpaid overdue invoice!

Every initially generated invoice is unpaid.

The word "Unpaid" is obvious and self explaining as is the word "Overdue"

Placing the words "Thank You!" above "Unpaid" may seem a bit more human, but it does not change the fact that it's a new invoice and it is unpaid as of yet.

[this thread is rediculous]

Edited by TonsOfStores

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same issue here but what i think would be better but let me explain my situation.

WHMCS allows you to use it for custom invoices that like in my case i email to my client and they pay via check. (website design, server maintenance etc)

It looks really insulting when you send the initial invoice and it says in red UNPAID ! I actually had a call from my client about this, he was not happy.

Having another Status that we can set to as the default when an invoice is created would work better. This status would not include any additional TEXT (like the UNPAID or maybe a "Thankyou!" ).

Since i believe the procedure above will completely eliminate the UNPAID ? and i do want to retain this function for online stuff like Hosting.

thanks

Like Bluebirdnet, I would also like to be able to add or change status options from the dropdown menu. Anyone know if/where this can be done? In my case I would like to add a "Past Due" option.

Thanks!

I have to fully agree with both of you, and I think as a customer that received an invoice from Matt I can understand - it's scary! :(

Would be a least possible to only have it appear on invoices for items that have reached their expiry date, and not on the invoices sent in advance.

- Vince

I myself had no problems with red unpaid, but a client called up "peeved" and put another slant on it.

If the invoice is printed out and is laying on a desk, then someone looking at it could getthe idea that the invoice was overdue and the client was a credit risk

Cheers

ian

I myself had no problems with red unpaid, but a client called up "peeved" and put another slant on it.

If the invoice is printed out and is laying on a desk, then someone looking at it could getthe idea that the invoice was overdue and the client was a credit risk

Cheers

ian

Then I would say they need to clean up their desk! ;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually working on a solution to this issue (yeah, some of my clients are a bit put off by seeing a big red sticker on their first invoice), by using the following in the invoicepdf.tpl file around lines 113 and following:

$today = date("Y/d/m"); 
switch ($status) {

case "Cancelled" :
	$statustext = $_LANG["invoicescancelled"];
	$pdf->SetFont('helvetica','B',20);		
	$pdf->SetTextColor(245,245,245);
	break;

case "Unpaid" :
	if ($datecreated === $today) {
		$statustext = $_LANG["invoicesfirsttime"];
		$pdf->SetFont('helvetica','B',12);
		$pdf->SetTextColor(0,0,151);

} elseif ($datecreated < $today && $today < $duedate) {
		$statustext = $_LANG["invoicesunpaid"];
		$pdf->SetFont('helvetica','B',12);
		$pdf->SetTextColor(0,0,151);

} elseIf($today > $duedate) {
		$statustext = $_LANG["invoicesoverdue"];
		$pdf->SetTextColor(204,0,0);
	}
	break;

case "Paid" :
	$statustext = $_LANG["invoicespaid"];
	$pdf->SetTextColor(153,204,0);
	break;				

case "Refunded" :
	$statustext = $_LANG["invoicesrefunded"];
	$pdf->SetTextColor(34,68,136);
	break;

case "Collections" :
	$statustext = $_LANG["invoicescollections"];
	$pdf->SetTextColor(255,204,0);

default:
	break;
}

As you can see, the idea is that if the status is unpaid, and the created date is today, it prints a message from a new $_LANG["invoicesfirsttime"] parameter I created in the language file that says "this is your first invoice" in blue with a small font.

If I manually send them an unpaid status invoice after the creation date but before the due date, it sends the message from the $_LANG["invoicesunpaid"] parameter, which is changed to say "this invoice has not yet been paid" - again in blue with a smaller font.

Finally, if the invoice is stull unpaid, but after the due date, it send the message from the $_LANG["invoicesoverdue"] parameter, which says "this invoice is overdue" in the bigger font colored red.

I think the basic logic of the select statement is correct, and it's working OK for the most part. However, I believe there's something with the date comparison that's not quite right, because ALL of the unpaid invoices are getting flagged in the PDF invoice as "overdue" regardless of whether the due date is passed or not.

You can see how I'm getting the current date in the fragment above (first line) - perhaps someone can spot where I went wrong.

I'd love to get this going; I think it can solve a lot of the problems we've been talking about.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I've also had a couple of clients say they don't like the "big red UNPAID" on the invoice, so have tried to change it using the details from m00 above. It doesn't appear to have made any difference on my system. Is there a reload or something we need to do to make it take effect? I've restarted Apache but as I say, there is no difference so far.

Cheers

Chris

I've also had a couple of clients say they don't like the "big red UNPAID" on the invoice, so have tried to change it using the details from m00 above. It doesn't appear to have made any difference on my system. Is there a reload or something we need to do to make it take effect? I've restarted Apache but as I say, there is no difference so far.

Cheers

Chris

Can you post (or send me) the /templates/<templatename>/invoicepdf.tpl file?