The big red UNPAID on the initial invoice...

Cape Dave

I agree with those that feel the "UNPAID" status on the invoices is a bit much. I changed my invoices to say "Pending Payment". It's easy to do for those who are looking for a solution without needing to modify the code.

1. In the /lang/ folder, find the English.txt file

2. Search for invoicesunpaid

3. Change "Unpaid" to whatever else you desire.

MB

• 2 months later...
I agree with those that feel the "UNPAID" status on the invoices is a bit much. I changed my invoices to say "Pending Payment". It's easy to do for those who are looking for a solution without needing to modify the code.

1. In the /lang/ folder, find the English.txt file

2. Search for invoicesunpaid

3. Change "Unpaid" to whatever else you desire.

MB

This was the route I took last year too.

I too found the "unpaid" a bit rude and direct (maybe this is a cultural thing that varies from country to country?)

Anyway, I altered the language file (as above) and altered the "unpaid" entry to read "Invoice Now Due". (This seemed to be the obvious route to take!)

I also reduced the font size in the PDF template. These two changes make the invoices look and sound how I want them too. They have so far had the desired effect of not annoying any customers, but encouraging them to pay on time!!

I haven't seen this longer text entry cause any side effects in WHMCS (or on the invoices themselves).

WHMCS still calls them "unpaid" in the summary, but when you click on that to see the invoices in the unpaid category, they say "Invoice Now Due" in the Status next to each invoice there.

Glad to see someone else using this method. I was surprised no-one else seemed to have thought of it. I actually came here today to dig up this thread to share this knowledge and my solution... and low and behold someone beat me to it

Good work Michelle

Mike

• 1 year later...

I also want to remove the big red "Unpaid" from the initial invoice. I think this may be a cultural thing, but I, like my clients wouldn't want to see the decidedly negative word "Unpaid" on an invoice at the start of a business relationship. Please let us know how to change this language in version 5.0.3. Thanks.

• 8 years later...

Hi,

It has been a long time about this thread, but I feel the necessity to post something here, since I consider it relevant in my case:

I consider the big red word "UNPAID" in a current open invoice to be kind of rude. I guess it is a matter of culture.  Here in USA, we use to give OPEN invoices to customers, as just "OPEN". That's it.  The invoice could have been issued today, but it is due in a future "X" date.  So there is no need to put in big red "UNPAID", and even less necessary for those invoices that will be automatically paid at the due date with the method of payment on records. Again, here in USA, as a polite way.

I have customers with a valid and current method of payment on file, and they are always current and never past due.  More than one time I have been contacted by them, like being worried if their service will be shutdown or something because they read that "UNPAID" in big red font, which they understood it as "PAST DUE". 

On the other hand, I don't want to get rid of that stamp completely.  I mean, I would like to keep something like that, but ONLY for those customers who really are past due with their balances.  

Example:   if a customer is set as a "manual payment" customer (not automatic charged), and the customer forgets to pay the OPEN invoice on time before or at the due date, then the system should issue a reminder of payment the day after due date, but this time, yes, with the BIG RED word "PAST DUE" (not unpaid).  This is the only case I would need that the invoice template shows a big red word

For that effect, It tried to follow the instructions shown in this thread:

It was working fine for me until last year, then the date parameter stopped working.   I'm using WHMCS 8.1.3  and apparently the date parameter to retrieve today's date is not doing it in a comparable format to the customer invoice dates/due date.

To explain better:   I edited:   invoicepdf.tpl 

and I used all these 3:

$today = date("Y/d/m");
or
$today = date("m/d/Y", time());
or
$today = getTodaysDate($applyClientDateFormat);

And also my condition was:

} elseif ($status == 'Unpaid' && $today > $duedate){
$pdf->Cell(100, 10, strtoupper(Lang::trans('' . strtolower($_LANG["invoicesoverdue"]))), 'TB', 0, 'C', '1');
} elseif ($status == 'Unpaid' && $today <= $duedate){
$pdf->Cell(100, 10, strtoupper(Lang::trans('' . strtolower(($_LANG["openinvoice"]))), 'TB', 0, 'C', '1');

where "invoicesoverdue" term in my LANGUAGE file equals to "PAST DUE" (big red),  and "openinvoice" is "OPEN INVOICE" (in small black fonts)

Is there any way to achieve the mentioned function above, to show "PAST DUE" in big red ONLY when the invoice is really past due, and not before?

Thanks.

(note: the second pic attached is showing my custom note: "past due" incorrectly, since today's date is 03-22-21, and the due date for this invoice is 04-19-21)

open invoice.jpg

past due1.jpg

Edited by perdtmdehwhp

27 minutes ago, perdtmdehwhp said:

Is there any way to achieve the mentioned function above, to show "PAST DUE" in big red ONLY when the invoice is really past due, and not before?

I guess I found something, so, replying to myself:

I set the GLOBAL DATE FORMT to MM/DD/YYYY

Then CLIENT DATE FORMAT to "USe Global Date format"  (this is important.  If I set something else for Client view format, the code below will not work)

Then, in invoicepdf.tpl code explained in my last post, I changed the date equations:

} elseif ($status=="Unpaid") {

$today = getTodaysDate(1);
$today = toMySQLDate($today);
$duedate1 = toMySQLDate($duedate);

then of course, the condition was changed using   $duedate1   instead of $duedate

($today <= $duedate1)

Then it worked.  But I'm limited with the date format for CLIENT to "Use Global Date format"  MM/DD/YYYY (I haven't tried with other formats)

Edited by perdtmdehwhp

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/13/2010 at 1:12 PM, GORF said:

Every initially generated invoice is unpaid.

The word "Unpaid" is obvious and self explaining as is the word "Overdue"

Placing the words "Thank You!" above "Unpaid" may seem a bit more human, but it does not change the fact that it's a new invoice and it is unpaid as of yet.

[this thread is rediculous]

And you are a bad speller.