recurring payment?

knipper

Question

OK.... Maybe because I'm sick or because I've been bouncing around several boards trying to decide on a merchant account/gateway I am now confused!

Does WHMCS actually automatically rebill (i.e. charge the customers credit card) on each payment cycle, or just send an invoice that the customer then needs to follow a link to pay?

Sorry if this is a very basic question. guess I need to go take a nap! :lol:

21 answers to this question

If I have this right then if you store the card number then yes WHMCS will rebill but if the card number in inputed off site and still stored then yes also but if it is off site and not stored then it needs like a subscription then WHMCS will only invoice and then log a call back from the gateway

Hi John,

I havn't decided yet. But probably Authorize.net - I have contacted PlanetAuthorize, and got a test gateway account, but after several days & two calls their sales department has not yet contacted me. So I think I'll pass on them.

During my testing I have only setup paypal at this point - But if I read correctly the customer would have to have a paypal account for auto billing. Is that correct?

Since I have your attention, My current merchant account is through Intuit Merchant Services, but they want you to only use their POS, and or web stores for their gateway... they are not very helpful when calling tech support trying to get gateway info, etc. So I will peobably change for ease of implementation.

Thanks. 8)

• WHMCS Support Manager

That's essentially correct; if you use one of the merchant gateways listed at http://wiki.whmcs.com/Payment_Gateways then the card details are stored in WHMCS and the card attempted each month (you also need to pass PCI certification).

Most of the other gateways require the client to manually pay the invoice each month. A few exceptions I can think of are PayPal, which has subscriptions - these do require a PayPal account. And WorldPay which has Futurepay agreements And finally Quantum who have their Vault service: http://www.whmcs.com/quantumgateway.php

So, reading the entire thread and also every other Recurring post.

We would like to know if we can do any of these

1) Can we create a Customer account and have a recurring charge on a VISA/Mastercard using PayPal?

2) Can we do the above but Weekly charges?

3) If we integrate with Kayako could we create a Charge per Item - Or as we service a customer, immediately charge them after the ticket is closed?

We appreciate the help

1. No, you'd need to raise an invoice and the client would need to login and pay it.

2. Same as above really.

John,

Txs for the responce. I am getting a couple mixed signals from your staff.

I have an email from Matt (Ticket #172758) which lead me to belive that an Auto-Charge maybe possible. While this is not a Showstopper, could you please help me understand what Barriers are not allowing you to adjust this?

Or, could we resolve this ourselves programaticly

Thanks! Cheers..

Yes it can. But this doesn't necessarily charge the client's credit card, the funds might come from a bank account or the account balance. You seemed quite specific about charging a client's Mastercard/Visa.

John,

Yes we did mean

1) Recurring charges (via a customers VISA/MASTERCARD) which are AUTOMATICALLY charged monthly. And do not require ANY client/customer interaction with the system

As we have just installed and are still configuring It would be helpful to know what is the EXACT closest solution to what we need?

• WHMCS Support Manager

PayPal subscriptions allow a fixed amount to be sent to your account on a fixed date each billing cycle. (month, year etc.). It does not allow you to raise an invoice for any amount at any time and charge the client's card whenever you like. For that you will need to use one of the merchant gateways.

OK, i may be dumb or a little confused, so to clarify please tel me yes or no if the following statement is correct:

WHMCS can absolutely handle recurring payments via PayPal subscriptions as long as they are of a fixed amount.

Many thanks,

- Vincent

Edited by vincent1

OK, i may be dumb or a little confused, so to clarify please tel me yes or no if the following statement is correct:

WHMCS can absolutely handle recurring payments via PayPal subscriptions as long as they are of a fixed amount.

Many thanks,

- Vincent

They need to be a fixed amount, and the customer must have, and use, a PayPal account. They can't just be charged to the customer's CC via PayPal, as is possible via paypal on a single payment.

So now that this is clear - I will search through the list for a recurring Visa/MasterCard vendor.

If anyone has a suggestion as to the most reliable or one which works well I would appreciate the comments

I just signed up and started using Quantum Gateway. Their application process is typical (This is my 3rd Merchant account) BUT... be sure to read their TOS, etc.

I tested via their test module for a couple days, then when approved went to the live version. My site is in test mode so it isn't live to the world... but I have placed live orders with real CC cards and everything is flawless so far.

I just signed up and started using Quantum Gateway. Their application process is typical (This is my 3rd Merchant account) BUT... be sure to read their TOS, etc.

I tested via their test module for a couple days, then when approved went to the live version. My site is in test mode so it isn't live to the world... but I have placed live orders with real CC cards and everything is flawless so far.

Appreciate the response..

May I ask why you switched, and who were the BAD ones so I do not make same mistake:

We seek a Gateway which will ALLOW monthly, automatic charges to VISA/MASTERCARDS

once WHMCS has this option available to "Auto Process CC batch Payments"

Appreciate the response..

May I ask why you switched, and who were the BAD ones so I do not make same mistake:

We seek a Gateway which will ALLOW monthly, automatic charges to VISA/MASTERCARDS

once WHMCS has this option available to "Auto Process CC batch Payments"

Hi,

Didn't really have any "Bad" ones... most recently I used Intuit Merchant Service, as I use their point of sale software for another biz. Unfortunately they want you to use thier own shopping carts, gateways, etc. , and their tech support is not very helpful at all.

So when I started using WHMCS, I also wanted something that was easy to integrate and use... I tested with Quantum Gateway, and went "live" a couple days ago. Just getting ready to launch my site.

Oddly, just now I just got a follow up call from them to see if I had any questions,. or needed assistance with the information they had sent to get me started.

As mentioned before... so far, so good. (and it was almost effortless to set up in WHMCS)

Thanks for the follow-up

Anyone tried Authorize.NET? Pros-Cons

Although I didn't sign up with them I did contact them and asked several questions. For me they basically had the same rules/restrictsions, but fee's were higher. You can start the application process online, and finish at a later date.

They were actually my first choice until I spoke to them and determined restrictions were the same, and I could get GDCcommerce for less. with the same or lower rates as well.

Just an FYI.