Change renewal principal

weba

Hi,

As I understand WHMCS renews the domains at the registrar after payment.

I do not want that.

What I use in my system right now is:

1) Send a reminder to client 6 weeks before renewal that when they do not want the renewal that they can disable renewal in there account.

2) 4 weeks for the renewal they get the invoice.

3) When not paid after 2 weeks they get a reminder, one week later reminder 2 and one week after that reminder 3 and there hosting account is frozen.

4) When they pay within one month the account is unfrozen. If not I manually check things, end domain and account.

!!!!!!: Important with this is that I have automatic renewalls active at all registrars, so the payment has no influence on the renewal.

I would appreciate tips and trics on how to accomplish this in WHMCS.

• WHMCS Support Manager

All your points can be configured under Setup > Automation Settings.

Then you will need to go to your registrar and activate the Auto-Renew setting so that the domain is renewed regardless of whether the client pays. If you're really sure you want to do this as I'm not aware of any registrar that allows a domain to be cancelled and refunded.

>>If you're really sure you want to do this as I'm not aware of any registrar that allows a domain to be cancelled and refunded.

Thats correct, no refunds there ;-) But that is no problem for us.

>>activate the Auto-Renew setting so that the domain is renewed regardless of whether the client pays

I guessed that yes. And I switched this off: Auto Renew on Payment.

So I understand there is no danger in doing things different then standard WHMCS.