Paypal - auto payment?

jloupe

• 1 month later...
The client chooses which gateway to use on the orderform; they are directed to the appropriate one.

This is not what I really meant. Supposedly Paypal payments will only be applied if: "Automatically forward the user to the payment gateway" is applied.

I see that this is not the case. I do not have: "Automatically forward the user to the payment gateway" selected and the payments are applied with no problem.

So I guess I am confused as to what that setting is for?

Thanks.

• WHMCS Support Manager

That setting has no relevance to payments being applied automatically, it determines where the client is taken after checking out.

For example if "Automatically forward the user to the payment gateway" is selected the client will be taken directly to the PayPal website after checkout.

That setting has no relevance to payments being applied automatically, it determines where the client is taken after checking out.

For example if "Automatically forward the user to the payment gateway" is selected the client will be taken directly to the PayPal website after checkout.

Dare I ask why a host would want to do this?

If clients are presented with the payment page they are more likely to complete. If a client has to find the invoice and then click the PayPal button they might get lost and abandon.

I don't follow this. The system brings up a invoice with a paypal button when submit their order.

If anything, this setting should be configurable per payment module. I could see why someone would want there client to go to Paypal immediately, but I can not see why anyone with a Merchant account would want to go to the Merchant page.