Using Maxmind?

SwiftModders

Well,

We had a couple of signups today and I didn't get an email from Maxmind giving me a report? Does maxmind do that? If not, is there a report I can see in WHMCS that would give me the information on the fraudscore.

Also, I was checking the WHMCS Manual and it says to chmod a file that does not exist in v3 anymore, do we still have to do this?

Please Note: after enabling the MaxMind Fraud Protection module you must CHMOD the modules/fraud/maxmind/maxmind.ws.cache file to 777 (writeable).

I know I set Maxmind up right, but I do not know if it is working or not, they send no notifications to let me know if someone passed the telephone system or anything, what is up with that?

You need to ensure that you have enabled the Maxmind Module first.

CONFIGURATION --> FRAUD PROTECTION --> DROPDOWN TO 'MAXMIND'

Make sure that there is a check in the box next to 'Tick to enable MaxMind Fraud Checking for Orders'

If this was not checked then that would explain why you are not seeing this. So, when you check it all the orders previously will NOT show this, but all future orders will.

It is ticked, always has been. I checked MaxMind and the logs for telephone show the order and the user just put in the wrong telephone number, he added 2 zeros. However the fraud check has no logs at all. Why is that, its enabled. However the WHMCS Manual seems either outdated or limited.

:-( I need help.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

We have had Maxmind enabled from the beginning with our Risk Score set at 5.0 but we never activated the telephone verification (didn't really understand how it worked) but we have just activated it with a Telephone Risk Score set at 5.1.

My question is when an order reaches 5.1 or more; will the Telephone Verification take place at the point of the order and will the potential client be notified that they will be receiving a telephone call to verify their order.

Thank you,

Keith

Hi Keith,

If your risk score is set to 5 and anything above that is blocked, why would you expect an order of 5.1 to be telephone checked?

My understanding is that you might want to accept telephone verification on orders of say 2+ (as example) but block all orders instantly that are 5+.

That's my understanding anyhow....but I'm open to be corrected. I find maxmind is good, but its a bit of a bind to get settings that seem to do what we want it to do and there's very little definitive guidance anywhere.

I've tried to raise discussions on it within the community of WHMCS to see if concensus or guidance from experienced users was possible....but it never happened. :-(

Si

Hi Si

Thanks for your reply. We absolutely love Maxmind but never used the telephone verification before; but recently we have been getting a number of orders that are from US Military Personnel stationed outside the US. So they use their APO address and enter their telephone number where they live; of course Maxmind is doing it's job and marking them all as Fraud because of the address/IP and telephone number difference. Our hope was that if it goes above our Risk Score then they would receive a verification call. I guess that I was thinking in reverse here - not the first time. LOL

• 4 months later...