Have downloads section show product related downloads.

xpo123

When a client signs up to a hosting package I would like them to be able to download some "bonus materials" to help them get started. E.g. eBooks etc.

I have ticked the boxes to make the relevant downloads only available to those who have purchased a product. I was expecting to see them in the "downloads" section - but instead realised they were in the product information page. I can see how this would be good if the download is relevant to a product, but I want the downloads to be available to people who have purchased product.

I did consider making it available to "clients only" but then anybody can register without ordering a product and download them.

Is there any way I can do what I am trying to? I thought about disabling automatic client registration (i.e. set to pending and I can verify they have ordered something), but a quick search revealed nothing.

Otherwise I think I will have to create a custom page somehow?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply John - I suspected that may be the case.

With that in mind, are there any "hooks" I can use that will verify if a client is registered and has an order in order to develop a custom page?

I'm guessing not... is there anywhere a similar piece of code is used within the script that I can use as an example to work from?