[NOT A BUG] Additional Contacts not getting email?

Anyone else experiencing that additional contacts listed by customers are not receiving mail?

I'm running Version: 4.1.1 and when looking at the mail log, I'm not showing the additional contacts as getting mail sent from the server.

I've created an additional contact as a test on one of my own accounts, set it with a checkbox for ALL fields, then opened several tickets and replied to tickets. Only the main email address on the account receives notification of the update.

Can anyone else vailidate this?

It used to be that users listed would get copies of support tickets, invoices for billing depts etc etc. When did that change? We deal with many large companies that have specific people that get notices on invoices but not server info (like support) and designers that get support info, but not invoices. This is how it used to work.

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

I think it was version 4 that this changed. The support ticket replies now go to the person who opened it if a contact, and the main account holder only. But an admin can specify additional emails in the CC field on the Options tab when viewing a ticket.

Matt

Hi,

I think it was version 4 that this changed. The support ticket replies now go to the person who opened it if a contact, and the main account holder only. But an admin can specify additional emails in the CC field on the Options tab when viewing a ticket.

Matt

What about invoice and product emails? Do they still go to the respective contacts?

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

Yes, it's only support tickets where clients add a contact to be able to open a tickets relating to their account but then other contacts were getting responses to tickets they never opened, and that were nothing to do with them.

Matt

We've always had our ticket system locked down in that the main email address is the only one that can log into the system to post a ticket (or respond to a ticket). We've never had it so that users could email tickets to us either.

We do however have a number of web developers that work with clients that they refer to us and those developers add themselves as an additional contact in WHMCS so that when a ticket is responded to, they get a copy of the email too. They can't log in to reply to it with their email, and that's fine, but they DEFINITELY used to get copies of the mail.

How can we get that to work again for our customers as it's a critical issue for them to be able to receive copies of emails of support tickets.

• 1 year later...

I would like to add my vote that this be brought back in some form. We have the confusing issue where an admin needs to open a new ticket and we can't really tell which email address the customer might be monitoring. Where Matt noted above that it is undesireable that other people were receiving emails, in our case we need to know that our message is delivered to the account no matter how many extra copies need to be sent to make sure that happens.

Is some sort of checkbox (either in general settings, or even on the open new ticket screen itself) that says "Send to all contacts for this customer" a reasonable compromise? Clearly there is a difference in how different people use the ticket system. This particular feature would be really nice to be more flexible.