HostXNow.com

HostXNow

Also a key rule in online business do not display award seals that you do not have this will cause you allot of issues in the future I mean even before I seen this post your website had come up in "Fraud" reports because of seals on your site from companies that have not authorized them you can check the reports at http://www.dasient.com

So my only thoughts is to change your website template ASAP with something custom that you did on your own even if it's not all that flashy but it's yours and can't nobody say anything if not just modify the template with some originality

Hey HostX I feel you on that I mean everybody has to start somewhere I just thought you should know what was going on outside the realm of hosting I check my website and my customer website against fraud and malware because of PCI compliant issues.

I mean are you at all good with basic HTML because you can just customize what you already have to make it your own. Trust me I was going to use a template when I first started just to make things simple but I found out in research that customers respond better when a company can provide these following steps

• Quality
  • Edge
    [*}Originality

But good luck on your business ventures.......

Not accepting new orders at the moment while I move everything from datacenter in New York to datacenter in UK.

My current host (DedicatedNOW) uses a Datacenter in New York and checking my sites download speed I was only getting around 170kbps on my 10MB Virgin Media connection. I could max out my connection at 1MB/sec downloading files from other competitors sites on the net.

With DedicatedNOW I used to get around 500kbps which wasn't so bad, but as they couldn't get my speed back to how it was I started looking for another host only this time a UK Hosting Provider, as I live in the UK. In the end I settled with eUKhost as it was recommended to me by many plus I know how good the BlueSqaure Datacenter is anyway... I got 14ms ping when pinging a test IP eUKhost provided me plus I could max out my 10MB Virgin Media connection at 1MB/sec. Having fast upload/download speeds is really needed for my site users as it is a site for DJs to share mixes etc. http://www.djpassion.co.uk

Of course I want everyone else to get fast upload/download speeds and low latency too.

Will be moving to UK datacenter in a few weeks time.

Cheers

Edited by HostXNow

• 3 weeks later...

Mediaplay

I was just at your site and not sure if you ever thought this out but.

You have the webhostingstuff.com seals on your site. I had them on mine as well. I removed them because I lost a customer over it. When a customer clicks on the seal it takes them to the page set up by webhostingstuff. If you look just below your info the ads read

editors top 3 shared hosting picks.

It makes it look as though webhostingstuff is choosing these other 3 over you as a host when we in the business know it is just those three pay the most money for the ads.

Just a thought from someone who lost because of it.

Jeff

Mediaplay

You have the webhostingstuff.com seals on your site. I had them on mine as well. I removed them because I lost a customer over it. When a customer clicks on the seal it takes them to the page set up by webhostingstuff. If you look just below your info the ads read

It makes it look as though webhostingstuff is choosing these other 3 over you as a host when we in the business know it is just those three pay the most money for the ads.

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

I see what you are talking about to be honest I never noticed that before now. But we only selected to use the WHS seal because of their Hosting Code of Ethics program that not all companies get approved for. but we are currently taking the steps to create a co-branded product with Comodo and a few other 3party companies that will only show the direct information not any ads.

We look to offer an exclusive seal/badge for website publishers on-top of the current Comodo corner seal that I think will better serve hosting companies abroad.

P.S. What's your companies URL I take pride in working with and associating with others in the industry. DO you guys have a Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn profile.....hey I always say networking is everything

• 4 weeks later...
Mediaplay

Jeff

lol Jeff, high-jacking my thread is one thing, but not leaving any feedback just tops it of it hahaha :twisted:

Have seen this template so many times from cheap resellers just starting out. Make your own bro, you will get further :)

Also, Jeff you could have just said that the webhostingstuff link looks bad rather than go on about your own site and give us a story about a client.

Back on topic, nice site and I would work on the colours of the WHMCS integration a bit, just to make it look more built in.

But we only selected to use the WHS seal because of their Hosting Code of Ethics program that not all companies get approved for.

Seriously? I applied, and was approved almost instantly. Decided it wasn't for me because of the links back to different providers instead of a "yes this site is compliant" or whatever. As with many awards, there's an ulterior motive. Theirs is backlinks and pushing affiliated hosts.

"Code of ethics" indeed. ;)

Congratulations, the site looks great. I have to agree with of the others though about going custom. I have been working very hard on my hosting site and have put over 3 months into the design. Although you might not see that much work. Its not an easy thing, I have trouble deciding on layouts and colors. Although I think I have drawn the line in the sand I am just looking a browser compatibility issues. Adobe Browser Lab is great for checking how your site looks in other browsers and versions. Its completely free to sign up and use.

I found some CSS and photoshop tutorials and just started from scratch. I did look at a ton of tutorials and other sites for ideas and inspiration.

Just another note that might help with some one the graphics you can design or just to save you some time check out graphicriver.net These site has A+ graphics and they are great prices anywhere from $1 to $20 average and they have a template site themeforest.net. They are not like template monster or sites like that they have average joe submitting there work to sell.

Good Luck!

Ian

Edited by mcsdguy79