Updating the Invoices & WHMCS after IPN

leon_nerd

Hi Guys,

I am using PayPal and just setted up the recurring payment for PayPal. Now, I have queries with the IPN message. I am not sure how will I update the new generated invoices automatically as soon as I receive the IPN message from PayPal confirming me the payment.

What I am thinking is:

1.) Get the IPN. It will contain the Profile_id.

2.) Use the Profile_id to fetch the first invoice number (stored in the paypal recurring profile).

3.) Search the WHMCS DB for this Invoice number and get the corresponding which will help me update the latest generated invoice for this order.

Now the problem with step 3 is I am not sure what values I should be using to match and update the newly generated invoice? What I have if the FIRST invoice number. How can I search around and find the latest Invoice for this order and update it?

I checked the tables tblhosting. tbldomain, tblinvoices, tblinvoiceitems. What tables I should be using? What fields should I be updating? Are there any tables in which I need to add any new record?

Please help me as this is very urgent.