Don't want account created before payment

bigXor

I cannot find an option to turn off account creation (not WHM Account), but the WHMCS account before the client pays the Paypal bill.

I have the products setup to create WHM account after accepting pending but the WHMCS account is created after the "Complete Order" button is clicked, but before the invoice is paid.

I don't want clients to be able to create accounts before paying for them.

I tried search, but long-tail searches are near impossible on forums.

With the order that things are done, I don't see how that's possible. You need customer information and the order in order to accept Paypal payment and have PP return, mark as paid and provision the order. What you're asking is for the to go to PP, enter payment, then go to your WHMCS installation to enter details of their account and desired products.

Or, don't accept the WHMCS account until they get back from PP, which sounds like custom coding.

• 1 year later...

One idea is running a clean up script that at the end of the day checks for all unpaid paypal accounts and issues a cancellation request.

I do this same concept with auto-marking orders as 'accepted' - could be easily switched im sure.

Hi,

i searched for something like that myself and ended up in sending a support ticket.

its not posible with whmcs at this time.

they offered to make me a custom fraud checking module.

i didnt do that, instead i made my own order/registration form and created the account and the invoice myself trough the api.

If anyone knows what php includes and the vars are that needs to be passed in such module , please let me know

Edited by remco

• 4 weeks later...

I love the idea of anthonyfox, because we use MaxMind and it is a great service but the client account still gets opened and we have to go through and clean out accounts that are fraud even if they don't pass the MaxMind service it is a pain to clean up these accounts.